Plugin Contributions

EZ-Pages Table of Contents

http://www.bellafrances.com/Ez_pages_problem.htmI have been customizing my Zen Cart for two weeks now. I am very familiar with the overrides and Admin configurations. For the past three days I have gone over everything with a fine tooth comb, searched and read the forum, but can not find the answer or the problem.

The TOC for EZ-Pages will not display anywhere. These are my settings...Is there something that I missed? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by betulah; 18 Oct 2006 at 09:38 PM. Reason: image updated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EZ-Pages Table of Contents

Your screen shot seems to be for the TOC main link...have you linked other pages to this TOC? Here is an excerpt from the demo cart on using the TOC:
    Chapter and TOC

The Chapter and TOC, or Table of Contents, are a unique method of building Multiple Links that interact together.

While these Links still follow the rules of the Header, Footer and Sidebox placement, the difference is that only one of the Links, the Main Link, needs to be displayed anywhere on the site.

If you had, for example, 5 related Links, you could add the first Link as the Main Link by setting its location to the Header, Footer or Sidebox and set its Order, as usual.

Next, you need to assign a Chapter or Group number to the Link. This Chapter holds the related Links together.

Then, set the TOC or Table of Contents setting. This is a secondary Sort Order for within the Chapter.

Again, you can display any of the Links within a Chapter, as well as making any of these Links the Main Link. Whether the Links all show, or just one or more of the Links show, the Chapter is the key to grouping these Links together in the TOC or Previous/Next.

NOTE: While all Links within a Chapter will display together, you can have the different Links display in the Header, Footer or Sidebox on their own. Or, you can have the additional Links only display when the Main Link or one of the Additional Links within the Chapter has been opened.

The versitility of EZ-Pages will make adding new Links and Pages extreamly easy for the beginner as well as the advance user.

While this page was made in HTMLarea editor, any HTML editor could be used.

However, be careful ... HTML editors will often add the opening and closing tags for the <html>, <head> and <body> to the file you are working on.

These are already added to the pages via EZ-Pages.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Re: EZ-Pages Table of Contents

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Your screen shot seems to be for the TOC main link...have you linked other pages to this TOC? Here is an excerpt from the demo cart on using the TOC:
    Yes, I have linked other pages to the TOC main link.

There are three parts to the screen shot I provided. The first shot (top) is of Admin-> Tools -> EZ-Pages
    This one shows that I have assigned page ID 2 as the Main Link, Page Title - Customer Service, Linked on the Footer in order #2, using Chapter 1, TOC 1
    Following it down I have linked other pages (Contact Us, Conditions of Use, etc) to Chapter 1, TOC 2, TOC 3, etc.

The second part of the screen shots shows Admin -> Tools -> Layout Boxes Controller
    This is where I turned on sideboxes/ezpages.php

The third part of the screen shot shows Admin -> Configuration -> Ez-Pages Settings
    This is where I turned on EZ-Pages display status for Headerbar, Footerbar, and Sidebox
    This is where I also turned on EZ-Pages Table of Contents for Chapter Status.

Am I losing it here? What am I missing?

Plugin Contributions

Re: EZ-Pages Table of Contents

Quote Originally Posted by betulah View Post
    Yes, I have linked other pages to the TOC main link.

There are three parts to the screen shot I provided. The first shot (top) is of Admin-> Tools -> EZ-Pages
    This one shows that I have assigned page ID 2 as the Main Link, Page Title - Customer Service, Linked on the Footer in order #2, using Chapter 1, TOC 1
    Following it down I have linked other pages (Contact Us, Conditions of Use, etc) to Chapter 1, TOC 2, TOC 3, etc.

The second part of the screen shots shows Admin -> Tools -> Layout Boxes Controller
    This is where I turned on sideboxes/ezpages.php

The third part of the screen shot shows Admin -> Configuration -> Ez-Pages Settings
    This is where I turned on EZ-Pages display status for Headerbar, Footerbar, and Sidebox
    This is where I also turned on EZ-Pages Table of Contents for Chapter Status.

Am I losing it here? What am I missing?

Here is a the pertinent information from my CSS file....maybe something wrong here?

h1#ezPagesHeading {display:none}

#navEZPagesTOCWrapper {
    font-weight: normal;
    float: left;
    height: 1%;
    border: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
    }

#navEZPagesTOC ul {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0.5em 0em;
    list-style-type: none;
    line-height: 1.5em;
    }

#navEZPagesTOC ul li {
    white-space: nowrap;
    }

#navEZPagesTOC ul li a {
    padding: 0em 0.5em;
    margin: 0;
    }

I am using Zen Cart v1.3.5
    Last edited by betulah; 19 Oct 2006 at 12:49 PM. Reason: update version

Plugin Contributions

Maybe if I donated to Zen Cart I could get someone to help me??

Plugin Contributions

Try looking at this thread ezpages
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Try looking at this thread ezpages
    I have looked at that thread and have done everthing that it says and that is needed, still no EZ-Pages TOC.

I have created the Main Link on the footer named "Customer Service" for EZ-Pages TOC as Chapter 1 TOC 1.

Then I created Ez-Pages for others such as..
    "Contact Us" using Internal Link URL: index.php?main_page=contact_us, to Chapter 1 TOC 2
    "Privacy Notice" using Internal Link URL: index.php?main_page=privacy, etc. to Chapter 1 TOC 3
    etc....

Then in Admin -> Configurations -> Ez-Pages Settings
    I enable EZ-Pages Table of Contents for Chapters Status

I still can not get the TOC to display in the "Customer Service" link.

What am I missing?

here is a link to my configurations
    http://www.bellafrances.com/catalog/...ezpages_id.jpg
    and
    http://www.bellafrances.com/catalog/...s_settings.jpg

Is this a job for DrByte??

Plugin Contributions

Trying to troubleshoot your problem from jpg's is a most impossible task.

I have ezpages TOC functional as do many others, so I would venture to say that unless there is something corrupt in your install that this is not a ZenCart issue specifically. More that, as you are asking "have I missed something", that there is some silly little thing that has been overlooked.

If you can perform a second install in another folder with another DB, install the DEMO files as this is fully setup in this install. You could then compare the settings there to yours. Actually seeing it is much better than most explanations.

The DEMO will also provide much guidance to many of the other features and the product descriptions are instead instructions on what has been done to get the specific function working. A valuable tool that took me months to finally install and one that I still refer to. Would not think of not having a demo install for reference now.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I have done a complete erase of the zen cart directory and then a complete re-install, however I have not installed the DEMO files.

I will follow your guidance and install the DEMO files.