Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default [Done v1.3.6] Country Dropdown Bug

I developed my shop locally with Zen-Cart 1.3.0.2. I then got Zen-Cart 1.3.5 installed from my webhost and successfully managed to set it up just the way I wanted with no troubles at all. But during the testing we discovered that the country dropdown list in the sign-up form is buggy. When signing-up with valid dummy data we would ALWAYS get an error message that saying that "You must select a country from the Countries pull down menu." No matter what country you select, what browser you're using or what operating system you have the message will always pop up.

I have created the webshop in 4 different versions (we have different prices for different regions), and in all versions this error occurs. Try it out for yourself:
    http://shopus.christinaribel.com/ind...create_account
    http://shopuk.christinaribel.com/ind...create_account

This is NOT the same bug as the one reported here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47018

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Country Dropdown Bug

I just created an account at the first link you listed and noticed no issues with the 'country' error message. What did you do to fix this? I am having the same issue you were before and my customers cannot create accounts. I'm anxious to hear back from you!

Plugin Contributions

My host adviced me to remove all my (old) templates for all the pages where the country bug appeared, and it solved itself :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zytroop View Post
    My host adviced me to remove all my (old) templates for all the pages where the country bug appeared, and it solved itself :)
    But if you remove the templates, what is used to display your cart?

Do you mean that you're just using the default templates?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DogTags View Post
    But if you remove the templates, what is used to display your cart?

Do you mean that you're just using the default templates?

I remove the templaters in the /includes/templates/MY_TEMPLATE/templates/ folder. The templates used to display everything is still in /includes/templates/template_default/templates/

Plugin Contributions

I've spent the last 2 hours reading and rereading/searching on this thread as I too have this Country glitch after upgrading to 1.3.5.

Am I to understand that I'm supposed to get rid of my custom templates for this to work correctly?

Is there one final patch, or one final word on why customers are prevented from registering due to the fact the Country dropdown isn't being accepted?

While a big Zen Garden fan, this seems to be a pretty good sized glitch!

What is the fix, once and for all? Is there a developer that can provide the answer as some of the work-arounds I've seen are a bit suspect, including deleting my custom templates.

Thanks much

John

Plugin Contributions

Yeps ... it is a pain right now to have this issue ...

Fortunately, the fix is being tested with a host of other issues from the Bug Fix thread for v1.3.5 ... and is looking really sweet ... and ... happy to say, not breaking despite all attempts to do so ...

And with luck, that means in the real world, you won't be able to break it either under any circumstances ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

It's nice to know that a fix is being tested, and to know that it will be released at some point, but a lot of us are losing customers/revenue over this. Can't anyone give us a more specific time frame for a fix release? A day, a week?

This is a major bug that should have been caught before 1.3.5 was released. I know a lot of work goes into these releases and I really do appreciate the amount of time that's put into the zen cart project, but I think we need some reassurance that this issue is a priority and that a fix is on the way very soon.

Plugin Contributions

OK, since I have a backup of my old files, it just dawned on me to try using my old create_account.php file. I located it in includes/modules/create_account.php. I copied it into MY_STORE/includes/modules and now I am able to create accounts. Hope this helps

Plugin Contributions

Yes it is hard when there is an issue ... which is why we do ask you to always upgrade a test site and not a Live site first and test well before making it Live ...

We hate lost revenues too ... the less you earn the less you can support us ...

Good news is soon is very very soon ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast