Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Country Dropdown Bug

I had someone else install both versions for me, so I don't have the file to overwrite. Would someone post the necessary nonoffensive create_account.php file so that we can fix this, stat?

I think this also brings up the larger issue of premature releases and the onus of responsibility for testing/releases. When the zen cart community hears that a major release is planned and finally done, I imagine that most of us did minimal testing. I ran it through some paces but all looked fine. To do the comprehensive QA/QC necessary for major software releases requires more time, knowledge, and experiece than most of us have and assume that "those in the know" that are responsible for a release truly have done the QA/QC.

In any event, would someone post the working version of the create_account.php file to the downloads section with a description of the path that this file needs to go? An explanation that this is only a temporary patch that has worked for some should accompany it as well.

A timeline would be tremendously appreciated too, rather than "very soon."

Not flaming anyone, but I may lose customers over this major snafu and need some info.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I'm attaching the create_account file I used. It's in txt format, so you'll need to rename it to 'create_account.php'.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

I have attempted replacing the /includes/modules/create_account.php file in a 1.3.5 install with ones from 1.3.0.2, 1.3.0.1 and the one provided by jeriggs76.

All this to no avail. Still receiving the error.

I hope that until this is made available, as it sounds that 1.3.6 is what is being suggested, that a sound work around is posted.

As many of us upgrade and therefore use test accounts that existed, this has not apparently surfaced until now, about a month & a half or so from the release date.
    If any of this is incorrect, like a clean install fuinctions correctly or some other please advise.

Creating a test install while normal and advised, there are surely many new installs that are ready to go live or close and this is a show stopper.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE:

I am posting this in addition to what has been posted:

I have gone back and tested this functionality on several installs. There are some where this error is exhibited and others where the function behaves as expected.
    I have not yet done a full file compare to determine the differences and/or under what circumstances this is generated.

It does not appear to be a problem on a fresh install with all the 1.3.5 files. When I have completed this comparison, I will post back with the results(hoping that I can determine any).
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Is the fact that I must either have 'company name' as a mandatory field or not showing at all part of the country drop down bug as well.

Our customers are a mixed bunch of private and company - works fine in 1.2.7 but not in our test 1.3.5 site.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You'll be pleasantly surprised with the fix in 1.3.6, released last night.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [Done v1.3.6] Country Dropdown Bug

I have just installed v1.3.6 on a server that has never had zen cart installed. I am receiving the same Country drop down error message. I am new to Zen Cart and have read through the posts. It seems this shouldn't be na issue with v1.3.6. Am I missing something?

Plugin Contributions

What is the URL where this is occurring? What exactly are the steps to trigger the problem?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

The url is:
    http://www.chrisherronhomesales.com/...ain_page=login

I installed zen cart and added a template (designed for version 1.3.6). I then tried to create a user account and it kicked back an error that I needed to select a Country from the drop down list. When I select a country and then try to resubmit the form, it gives me the same error. It does not matter what country you select, it will always kick back that error. I get it in IE7 and Firefox.

Plugin Contributions

does it work without error if you switch to the classic template?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast