Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Internet Explorer 7.0 Released - HELP!

I second Alan's comment. When a site appears broken in Firefox but not in IE, that almost always means that it is broken period, but IE is ignoring the errors while Firefox gives you more (perhaps unwarranted) credit and tries to do what you actually told it, rather than what you meant to tell it.

The small number of exceptions usually arise from designers using some of those IE specific extensions of which Microsoft used to be so fond before it saw the light in respect of standards.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

css problem Re: Internet Explorer 7.0 Released - HELP!

Can someone help me debug this sheet? For some reason the site works fine in Firefox but in IE 6.0 The welcome and greeting disappears if you scroll up and down the page. If you click on a product the price, product name and ask a question like disappears I am guessing it has to do with my style sheet but I have no clue where the bug is. Can any one help?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Lextechs.com Powered By ZenCart

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Internet Explorer 7.0 Released - HELP!

Hello,

Does anyone have any suggestions for the following site to make it compatible with IE 7?

http://lilysavitch.com/shop/index.php

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lextechs View Post
    Can someone help me debug this sheet? For some reason the site works fine in Firefox but in IE 6.0 The welcome and greeting disappears if you scroll up and down the page. If you click on a product the price, product name and ask a question like disappears I am guessing it has to do with my style sheet but I have no clue where the bug is. Can any one help?
    Hi lextechs

To have any realistic chance of debugging the sort of problem that you describe, we would need to see it in action, and be able to see the relevant CSS "in situ".

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kittytickles View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone have any suggestions for the following site to make it compatible with IE 7?

http://lilysavitch.com/shop/index.php

Thank you!
    kittytickles

Could you be more specific as to what you see as the problems preventing compatibility with IE 7. Also, you have a large number of validation errors which may be contributing to the problem. Personally, I'm reluctant to try to diagnose problems until the site owner has cleaned up their code.

Plugin Contributions

I am not sure if I have the same issue or not. When I load the pages at www.ladiesgolfstuff.com/zencart in Firefox, there is a row of links across the top (above the logo and images) for Home, Log In, etc.

In IE7 I try loading the same page and the row of links are briefly shown, then the images "jump?" up the page and cover 'em up.

I tried following the earlier posts about creating a separate ie_stylesheet.css, BUT could not find any * html values in my stylesheet.css to indicate a 'hack'.

I did run a validation on the html home page and it (now) comes back with zero errors.

Any help on what I need to keep the images from jumping on top of my navaigation would be much appreciated.

SIDENOTE: Anyone have a link or two to info on how to run multiple browsers on one machine? I would like to run IE5, IE6, IE7, Firefox, etc.

Cheers!

Brian

Plugin Contributions

BrainSkiGuy

Hmmm. You've been doing some interesting stuff. Firstly credit to you for taking the time to validate before asking for help. That's much appreciated. But what on earth is the navSuppWrapper from the Zen Cart footer doing in your header! Oh well, each to their own.

The easiest way to solve your particular problem is probably to give the #navSuppWrapper an explicit height. 2.5em would seem like an appropriate value.

You can run as many browsers on the same system as you want. The only ones that get in each other's way are the various versions of Internet Explorer. But that's a neat little package that gets around this. It's cunningly called "Multiple IEs Setup" and you can get it as a free download from TredoSoft.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Hi lextechs

To have any realistic chance of debugging the sort of problem that you describe, we would need to see it in action, and be able to see the relevant CSS "in situ".

kuroi

Thanks for your help so what i am seeing it on my pc i have had other users say there is no problem with the site so i am guessing there might be something in my IE settings that may or may not be turn on, the site works fine in firefox so i am not really sure how to duplicate it.
    Lextechs.com Powered By ZenCart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lextechs View Post
    i have had other users say there is no problem with the site so i am guessing there might be something in my IE settings that may or may not be turn on, the site works fine in firefox so i am not really sure how to duplicate it.
    The problem that you described sounded like an example of the IE6 peekaboo bug, so it wouldn't affect Firefox or even IE7. This can be caused and resolved several ways, but involved the interaction of HTML and CSS and so can't be solved by looking at a stylesheet in isolation.

Plugin Contributions

I am hoping that someone can take a look at my main page - Old West Games - in Firefox and IE7...

The centerboxwrapper border does not "wrap" around all the items in the Featured Products and New Products sections in IE7. Works great in Firefox.

here is the css for the centerbox border

Code:
    .centerBoxWrapper { background-color: #fff; margin: 0; background-image:none; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:left top; border: solid 2px #000; }

.centerBoxHeading { color: #fff; background-color: #996; margin: 0; height:32px; background-image:none; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:right top; padding: 0.5em 0.2em; border-bottom: 2px solid #000; }
    I could just get rid of the borders but if there is another solution I would be interested in giving it a go.

Any suggestions?

mafiasam

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast