Plugin Contributions

Default Shifted display and link colours

www.archerytrousers.co.uk is finally looking reasonable BUT just as I thought I'd got things under control.

Can anyone spot why there is a step in the display - I didn't think I'd altered any layout stuff? Of course it gets worse as you go through to product listing.

Also there's a problem with the colour of links ... sometimes they're blue and sometimes they're green - I'd like them all green

but this means that I've got to change the alternating green/white product listing rows ... I think I remember changing this but can I remember where

thanks
    W
    PS Any other suggestions most welcome
    Last edited by distanceDemon; 23 Oct 2006 at 12:35 AM. Reason: adding postscript

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shifted display and link colours

I can see how you forget where you have changed things and odd happenings... you have three stylesheets fighting each other.

If I were you, I'd take this opportunity to upgrade and you'll be surprised how the new Classic Contemporary is close to your layout already. If you're solid about staying with the current version, you are best to combine everything into one stylesheet... but, you'd have to know roughly what is what.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that suggestion but I'm not sure what you mean by upgrade as I'm already using the current release.

The css is based on that provided by the UK template. The two stylesheets arrived with it and it has been a useful way of sorting out UK specific issues. It does have actually have three stylesheets (stylesheet_new, stylesheet_orig and print_stylesheet) - was this what you meant? or is there another one competing?

Two (one + the print one) would seem logical - is the author of the template out there????? Can you comment/help find a way forward??

W

Plugin Contributions

Shows you should loook before you reply ...

there were 3 stylesheets and when I deleted the one I wasn't expecting to find the misplaced columns disappeared.

<makes note to self not to work into the night .... tries to remember where change of alternate colours was made ...>

The comments about the multiple stylesheets are still good though and its not ideal.

W

Plugin Contributions

Think I've sorted this sufficiently for now ...

thanks for the pointer
    W

Plugin Contributions

You're welcome. Yeah, it's probably time for an update of that UK template. There are a lot of unnecessary calls for classes that don't exist anymore. Even if one main stylesheet.css is bloated with helpful markers, it is surely better than going through two and not knowing what does or doesn't exist anymore. I'm not sure how UK specific that template really is, it just looks like a re-colored/imaged original Classic. Unless, it's really just some custom PHP files that came with the template.

To get you on the right path for your alternating colors;
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45521