Thread: Lets say...

Plugin Contributions

Default Lets say...

I want to have a *gallery* of sold products. so people can see what has been done before, but they arent for sale.

I have lots of products on the site that are sold and id like to pull them down, but the site owner (and jewlery maker) wants them up so people can order off of them.
    Is there a way to, or a catagory already set up where i can show the product, but people not be able to add them to their cart?

so say i have my catagory of Pendants, id like a subcatagory of SOLD Pendants that shows up and can be looked at, but everything under SOLD Pendants can not be added to the cart.

or

Just a main catagory of SOLD that people can look through...
    G Clef Jewelry
    Dichroic and Beaded Jewelry

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Lets say...

Yes, you can do that.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lala_G_Clef_Jewelry View Post
    I want to have a *gallery* of sold products. so people can see what has been done before, but they arent for sale.

I have lots of products on the site that are sold and id like to pull them down, but the site owner (and jewlery maker) wants them up so people can order off of them.
    Is there a way to, or a catagory already set up where i can show the product, but people not be able to add them to their cart?

so say i have my catagory of Pendants, id like a subcatagory of SOLD Pendants that shows up and can be looked at, but everything under SOLD Pendants can not be added to the cart.

or

Just a main catagory of SOLD that people can look through...
    Hi - I had the same issue with our site. When our jewelry is sold I wanted to leave it online and viewable as both a gallery of our work and to be able to link back and forth to the individual pieces for promotion purposes. To resolve this, I created a "Sold Jewelry Gallery." Now I just move pieces to that new "sold" category. You can view it here, as an example, if you like:
    http://www.beadedlily.com/shop/index...dex&cPath=1_37

I Hope this helps - Tim

Plugin Contributions

Thanks tim!

yes that might work well...

like you, its hard to make more than one of an item, lol, sucks too, cause we are paying through the nose for pics...
    G Clef Jewelry
    Dichroic and Beaded Jewelry