Thread: Prerequisites

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Prerequisites

Ask your Hoster if not sure, but usually a Hoster provides their Clients with a Control Panel.

Plugin Contributions

I do have a control panel but there is no name on it.

Do you mean my server and my php admin?

Plugin Contributions

It doesn't matter which control panel your host provides - whether it's cPanel, Ensim or Plesk they all have File Managers with which to change permissions, and the ability to create blank databases.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Vger View Post
    Unless you own the server and have root access then Zen Cart doesn't have the permissions necessary to create a new database. You need to do that in your Web Hosting Control Panel. Once it has been created it can be managed from within phpMyAdmin, but it has to be created in the Web Hosting Control Panel first.
    Much easier to help someone with a feature within their Control Panel when one knows what Control Panel is being used.

Plugin Contributions

Okay ....one last time. It doesn't really matter which control panel it is. They all have the ability to Create A Database - provided MySQL is part of the package.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Although that is true about Control Panels, it is not on point.

bearsnum34, to perhaps speed things up, whatever method you used to create your first database, use the same method to create your second database.

Plugin Contributions

The whole thing about control panels is not on point, so why do you keep talking about them? A previous post by bearsnum indicated that he had now been to the control panel and created a blank database - so why would he need to create another?

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Unlike you, I don't have psychic powers so not sure exactly what has been done. You also do not seem to have much experience or empathy, in working with people that are not sure of what they are doing.

I don't know if the new database created has been assigned a Username, Password, and permissions and if so, which ones. If you could take a breather for a bit, we could wait until we hear back from bearsnum34, and know for sure.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Everyone,

I don't know the name of the control panel. I did however create a blank database for my zencart.

I am so sorry to be causing all these problems for everyone. I just really would like to get the zen-cart working because I have heard so many good things about it. The cart I have now I have to keep buying basic modules that should be included in a shopping cart. For example, I am loosing a lot of money with shipping because miva is not up to date on the UPS shipping module. I have already spent A LOT of money on modules and don't feel I should have to spend another 150.00 to have my UPS shipping work correctly.

Okay, do I upload the files to the database or just in my control panel?

Thanks again for all the help!

Plugin Contributions

1. You've got the database set up.
    2. Now upload the Zen Cart set of folders and files to the root of your web via FTP. It's probably a folder called something like public_html, html, or htdocs.
    3. If you want the store to be in a folder e.g. http://www.yourdomain.com/store then create a folder called 'store' via ftp and upload the folder and file set to there.
    4. Then go to http://www.yourdomain.com/zc_install and begin the install procedure.
    5. You'll need to know the name of your database and your MySQL User Name and Password to complete the install.

Make sure that you use a decent FTP programme to upload the files e.g. FileZilla or WS FTP.

Vger

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast