Plugin Contributions

Default Change Order Confirmation Email...

...I think my husband may have already asked this but not sure as cant find anything on forum.

When I print off our order confirmation it never fits on one page and at the top of the second page is ip address, host address etc - stuff we dont need to print off. Its a waste of ink and paper and means more for us to shred (we're now on a recycling thing with local council so the less paperwork as rubbish the better). I realise this is handy information but we can get what we need from zencart so dont need to print this off as well just to shred it. One page does not sound much but over each day/week/month its many wasted sheets and ink etc.

We would like to either highlight the sections we want to print off (can't do it just now as due to text format of email outlook will only print entire thing as a memo and not just main section we highlight) or we would like to remove the Office Use Only section of the email e.g. login name, login email etc - is there any way to do this or is everyone wasting an extra sheet of paper with each order? As I say all this info will be on zencart so we can access it if we needed to.

Thank, Nickki
    www.beeunique.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change Order Confirmation Email...

Hi there
    I print a copy of the invoice for my records rather then a copy of the the order confirmation email. The invoice doesn't have an email header and usually fits onto one page. If you want to change the invoice then you can to this by changing invoice.php.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, Not sure how I do that - I dont normally process Invoices through Zencart as we use an accounts package for that - is it alot more work to create through zencart? If not I can use this method, although I would still prefer to change the confirmation email if anyone can help - it says for office use only so the customer does not need to see that - Zencart is so configurable that I would assume there must be a way to select what you do or dont want on the email.
    Cheers.

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone help with this? Please.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

A couple ways to do it.
    I recommend option 1 or 3, since you indicated that you don't use the Zen Cart admin area for order-processing:

1. When printing, don't just click the "print" icon in Outlook ... press Ctrl-P and tell it just to print pages 1 to 1, instead of 1 to 2.
    That's the fastest way, but must be done one-by-one.

2. You could edit the /admin/invoice.php in order to adjust the invoice-printing layout accessible via the Admin. You could also adjust /admin/packingslip.php similarly. This would require that you actually use the Zen Cart admin area for printing and order-processing.

3. If you only want to skip the office-use-only section, and you're using HTML-formatted emails, you could edit your /email/email_template_checkout.html file and add this:
    Code:
    <style type="text/css" media="print">
    .extra-info {display: none; }
    </style>
    just above the line that says this:
    Code:
    </head>
    That should stop the "extra-info" section from printing, assuming your email client honors the "print" stylesheet directives. Outlook is probably fine with that. Other email clients may not.

4. If you want to prevent the extra-info section from even being sent in the HTML emails, you could edit /includes/classes/order.php and change this:
    Code:
          $html_msg['EXTRA_INFO'] = $extra_info['HTML'];
    to this:
    Code:
          $html_msg['EXTRA_INFO'] = '';

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

My problem is quite the opposite - I need that extra information (IP address, phone number, etc.) in the confirmation e-mail, but for whatever reason it doesn't work (i.e. $extra_info is null / blank).

It's a clean install ZC 1.3.7.

The files responsible for this functionality are not modified in any way - the e-mail template does contain EXTRA_INFO and /includes/classes/order.php has the code that is supposed to generate it.

If "Email Archiving" is enabled, the extra info IS stored in the database.

E-mail format I'm using is HTML, but it DOES show up in TEXT format.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    My problem is quite the opposite - I need that extra information (IP address, phone number, etc.) in the confirmation e-mail, but for whatever reason it doesn't work (i.e. $extra_info is null / blank).

It's a clean install ZC 1.3.7.

The files responsible for this functionality are not modified in any way - the e-mail template does contain EXTRA_INFO and /includes/classes/order.php has the code that is supposed to generate it.

If "Email Archiving" is enabled, the extra info IS stored in the database.

E-mail format I'm using is HTML, but it DOES show up in TEXT format.

Any ideas?
    It seems that I have the same problem with my 1.3.7 installation. Extra info shows fine in TEXT e-mails but not in HTML
    How can I show the extra info underneath in the HTML confirmation e-mail?

Plugin Contributions

Same here !!!

any help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

DanTheMan and Slitter,

I've made anew thread for this specific bug

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67618

CU

Hubert

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.