Plugin Contributions

Default 2 newbie questions: breadcrumbs and css

Hello,

I am only a few hours old to zen cart, so my site still has a long way to go. However, there are already two questions that I'm not able to find the answers to.

1) I removed the horizontal links along the top under my banner. But now I want the breadcrumbs to go where the links were. I would like the black strip the breadcrumbs are in to be directly under the banner, and the same width as the banner. How do I do that?

2) I don't know how to tell which parts of the page refer to what code in the css, other than by trial and error. I have figured much of it out. However, where it says "New products for October" I would like the text to be white like in the other boxes. I don't see where to change that. What is that section called, so I can change the font color?

Thank you for your time. I will be back at work on this tomorrow so I appreciate your advice.

http://www.cojakaquatics.com/index.php

Thanks,
    Dawn

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2 newbie questions: breadcrumbs and css

The breadcrumb trail is coded into the center box area. You would have to move this code to the header area to get the effect that you are seeking.
    I don't know how to tell which parts of the page refer to what code in the css
    Get FireFox and the web developers extention and you can then find the tag names for all the things that you are attempting to adjust.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2 newbie questions: breadcrumbs and css

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    The breadcrumb trail is coded into the center box area. You would have to move this code to the header area to get the effect that you are seeking.
    Thank you. I will search on how to do this, as I have no clue. I will post again later with my success or failure rate.

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Get FireFox and the web developers extention and you can then find the tag names for all the things that you are attempting to adjust.
    Very helpful. I downloaded the extension, it helped me out right away, especially working in tandem with the css editor I already had. Thanks so much for this info!

Dawn