Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Add-On for MAP (mininum advertised price).

Quote Originally Posted by bgroup99 View Post
    Is that legal? Is a price with a strike through through it "unadvertised"?

$400 (with a line through)
    (Priced so low, we're not able to show it. Add to cart for price.)

That is legal because the selling price is not shown... only the suggested retail price is shown.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I currently have this MAP price dilemma as well. How do manufacturer's really feel about only showing the price in the cart? I mean can't it technically be seen as advertising cause its one click away? I currently have this dilemma and the difference is we are currently under the watchful eye of our manufacturer. Anyways, any advice would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    I currently have this dilemma and the difference is we are currently under the watchful eye of our manufacturer.
    When you ask your manufacturer about this what do they say? I'm thinking this is where your wanted 'advice' should come from ;-)

Plugin Contributions

Hello Acappie,

I just installed map module on Zen 1.3.6. I am also getting a fatal error. Can you tell me what you did to fix?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare zen_update_products_price_sorter() (previously declared in Zencart/admin/includes/functions/general.php:2502) in Zencart/admin/includes/functions/functions_prices.php on line 1321

Thank You

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: New Add-On for MAP (mininum advertised price).

Please help. I'm a new zenner and just loaded the zen 1.3.6 map price module. I'm getting the following fatal error when trying to log into admin.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare zen_update_products_price_sorter() (previously declared in Zencart/admin/includes/functions/general.php:2502) in Zencart/admin/includes/functions/functions_prices.php on line 1321

Any help greatly appreicated.

Thanks
    Kent

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kchisenhall View Post
    the error message you mention suggests that zen_update_products_price_sorter() is declared inside your functions/general.php file ... but, in v1.3.6, that should not be happening, since it only exists in functions_prices.php

Thus, you have some "other" mod installed, or have made some other sort of customization to your site to cause the problem you mention. Either that or you have missed something during a site-upgrade at one point.

Clean up your functions/general.php and this error should go away.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the help DrByte.....I commented out the functions in the general.php and that fixed the problem. I really appreciate your help on this.

Happy Holidays

Default Map Pricing

I developed a MAP Pricing addon myself. Version 1.0 is located here: http://www.slickricky.com/designers_...r-zen-cart.php

I'll be uploading version 1.2 in the near future. You can contact me through my website, if you don't find it. www.slickricky.com

Default Re: Map Pricing

I uploaded v1.2, which now allows you the option of either displaying the higher price like this "$99.00 but add to cart for an even lower price." or simply "Priced so low, it can't be advertised." if you don't specify a display price.

You can edit that text by the way to whatever you'd like in the language file.

It has been updated so that it now appears in the "Pricing Tools" category on their website: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=158

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    I currently have this MAP price dilemma as well. How do manufacturer's really feel about only showing the price in the cart? I mean can't it technically be seen as advertising cause its one click away? I currently have this dilemma and the difference is we are currently under the watchful eye of our manufacturer. Anyways, any advice would be appreciated.
    i have this same issue. i've recently posted a question (before i found the MAP module) about implementing the solution in another way.

on other sites, i've seen an 'email for pricing' button (easy enough to address using the call for pricing tag). but, in the email that is sent to the customer is a 'hidden link' to the product with the below MAP price. it is still completely functional within the cart system. but, is non-navigable and non-searchable from the front page. the only way in is via direct URL.

this would be nice as well.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast