Quote Originally Posted by jazzah View Post
hi Rod, I did try and fix my post but the administrator would not allow me to!!

Here is a simple version

Sub-Total: $110.00

Australia Post (Parcel under 250gm): $6.05

GST (10% tax included): $10.55

Total: $116.05

GST should be $11.60
Aha. As I suspected, the numbers are correct, it is the way that you are reading them that is incorrect. If you re-arrange the order of the output it may make more sense... as follows:

Sub-Total: $110.00
Australia Post (Parcel under 250gm): $6.05
Total: $116.05
* Total includes $10.55 GST
------------------------------------------------
Same item, non GST:
Sub-Total: $100.00
Australia Post (Parcel under 250gm): $5.50
Total $105.50
plus 10% GST $10.55
Gtand Total $116.05

GST should be $11.60
Not so. This is adding GST to the GST inclusive prices.

I am using your module of course! (what else would an Australian dare use!)
LOL.

I have Tax Class at 10% GST included selected in the module.
As you should, because it maximises your input credits. but please note that this setting only affects how the postage costs are reported, not the actual cost. Using the current example, postage is going to cost *you* $6.05 no matter what, but as a GST registered business you are entitled to claim 55cents back on your next BAS. The GST setting in the ozpost module causes it to take the GST inclusive price ($6.05) and 'toss away' the GST component (0.55), making an *apparent* postage cost of $5.50, so when zencart does its 'thing' and re-adds the GST, the postage cost ends back as per the original cost ($6.05) and the universal balance is maintianed

Anyway, as you can now (hopefully) see, the numbers are correct, and when exporting/importing to other formats/programs you should assume all prices include GST (therefore don't re-add by other application), and the GST amounts reported by zencart have already been added to the prices... the GST amounts shown being mostly for information/feedback use, and not to be re-added.

All make sense now?

Cheers
Rod