Plugin Contributions

Default Stylesheet Changes for Zen Cart 1.3.6

There are very few changes to the stylesheets for Classic or Template Default between Zen Cart 1.3.5 and 1.3.6. The purpose of this post is to expand on the helpful information already given by the Zen Cart team in the 1.3.6 release notes and make recommendations for integrating each change into your stylesheet.

navMainSearch

The biggest change is as a result of a correction to navMainSearch DIV. This now has a single ID rather than two classes (one of which was forward), so if when you upgrade your search box zooms across to the left of your header bar, make the following changes:
    #navMainSearch, #navCategoryIcon, .buttonRow, #indexProductListCatDescription {
    margin: 0.5em;
    }
    becomes
    #navCategoryIcon, .buttonRow, #indexProductListCatDescription {
    margin: 0.5em;
    }

#navMainSearch {
    float: right;
    }
    Breadcrumbs

In the Classic Template only, the following minor change has been made, presumably to help with consistency of text alignment
    #navBreadCrumb {
    padding: 0.5em 0.5em;
    margin: 1px; <------- this line deleted
    background-color: #ffffff;
    font-size: 0.95em;
    font-weight: bold;
    margin: 0em;
    }
    New styles - important - you must add these

The following two styles have added to support the improved address handling functions, but they'll look rather less than improved for some of your visitors unless you add these styles to your stylesheet!
    .hiddenField {
    display: none;
    }
    .visibleField {
    display: inline;
    }
    Kuroi's magic bullet

This change affects the stylesheets NOT developed from the Classic Template in 1.3.5 (which already had this change). It's a simple amendment that defines horizontal margins for headings in fixed px rather than font-size proportional em. This means that all headings will have the same horizontal margins and will therefore align vertically (much neater than before)
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
    margin: 0.3em;
    }
    becomes
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
    margin: 0.3em 3px; <--------------- add the bit in red
    }
    Last edited by kuroi; 27 Oct 2006 at 09:32 AM. Reason: clarity
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stylesheet Changes for Zen Cart 1.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post

New styles - important - you must add these

The following two styles have added to support the improved address handling functions, but they'll look rather less than improved for some of your visitors unless you add these styles to your stylesheet!

I have updated to 1.3.6 and future_zen to my live site and all is OK but where to I put the item in quote please.
    Stephen.
    - ZenCart v:1.3.9h - Template: Simply_Kerrin- Column layout grid. v:1.3.6 - big royal mail. v:2.3.4 - stock by attributes 4.7 - Logo Sidebox - SitemapXML v2s.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stylesheet Changes for Zen Cart 1.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by SilverKop View Post
    I have updated to 1.3.6 and future_zen to my live site and all is OK but where to I put the item in quote please.
    Anywhere in your stylesheet. It makes no difference where. For the update to future Zen I put them in the same place as they have been introduced for the template_default, i.e. immediately after the styling for .rowEven
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)