Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Intergration

Yes, all the Order Confirmation emails generated by Zen Cart are designed to produce a detailed list of contents.

Who is the sender of each of those emails you mention? Is it your store, or a paypal or linkpoint server? If it didn't come from your store, then Zen Cart didn't generate it, and thus there is no control over their contents.

What are you finding in the paypal log files?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The information I provided, from LinkPoint & PayPal, are a copy & paste from the actual payment Confirmation eMail sent by LinkPoint & PayPal.

As I understand it, ZC coding "purposely" does not provide Gateways with information for Product Name, to name one, and I don't understand why that would be so. Next question would be, how can an individual change the coding so that desired information is passed on?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I believe the original poster's issue is that their PayPal IPN notifications are not completing.

Hence the question about the paypal debug logs.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Original poster back here.

It seems to me that ZenCart and PayPal IPN are doing most of what I need, with the exception that Zen Cart does not sent the Item Name or Number to Paypal.

In my case I have of 50 different items all priced at $7 so the buyer and seller dont have a confirmation of which item has been purchased or sold.

The seller can go into admin/customers orders and establish what has been sold, but I would thought that the Item Name and/or Item Number should appear on all of the emails and "paper work" somewhere.

I have found the feilds that do the job, I am checking them against the database names trying to find why the Item number and/or name are not called upto the paypay invoice.

Ron

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Most important question ... do your PayPal orders show up in Zen Cart's admin area?

If not, then you have no stock-mgmt, no record of sales, no ability to report on sales trends, etc.

Once you have that working, you'll likely find no need to change the coding, as all the requirements will already be met, albeit perhaps not exactly as you had pre-anticipated.

Plugin Contributions

If I may, I'd like to re-ask my question from above.

How can an individual change the coding so that desired information is passed on?

Already had one person complain, the Items they purchased were not listed by name in their confirmation eMail. Would like to avoid future issues of this.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Dr Byte,
    Sorry for the delay in replying, I decided to start afresh with 3.6.1. So have been busy deleting, uploading and getting everything back together.

Yes, all sales are ending up in Admin.

It all seems to be fine, except the Paypal docket does not show the purchaser the name of what they have purchased and the paypal email to the seller does have it either.

When I get it sorted I will come back here.

Ron

Plugin Contributions

Hello! I'm new, this is my first post. I'm having the same problem w/ Paypal Integration.
    Paypal sends me an e-mail saying I've got money, they give an amount and where to ship. But it also says "Item/Product 1".
    When I go to my paypal account it gives me a ZEN ID Number like; zenid=7c25ae5fcfb3dfbe5c0a09b85d461723. But I can not find that number referenced anywhere in my ZEN Control panel, or on Paypal.
    How will I ever know what to send the customer?
    BTW, I installed the module per instructions, set Debug Mode to Log & E-Mail, I went to my FTP Client, at /includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs folder and made certain the folder is marked read/write (chmod 777).
    I also went to Paypal & removed the Taxes charge.
    What's left?
    Thank you in advance for your reply.

Plugin Contributions

Oops! I figured out the Paypal Integration! See previous post above.
    What fixed it was changing the settings at /includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs folder and made certain the folder is marked read/write (chmod 777).
    Oh, when I refreshed the page on my Admin Home I saw the new order in the "Processing" area.
    WOW, what a cool program!
    Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Plugin Contributions

Pleased you have it going now,
    Although the Paypal electronic "Docket" and email going to the "buyer" does not have a proper description of their purchase and although the email to the seller advising there has been a sale does not actually say what has been sold, these details are available to the buyer in past purchases area. The seller can get the information from Admin area when you press "Invoice" or "Packing Slip".

I really don't know if this is normal operation or not.

I have changed includes/modules/payment/paypal.php a little to make the "docket and eMails the Buyer gets a little more comforting.
    zen_draw_hidden_field('item_name', STORE_NAME ) .
    zen_draw_hidden_field('item_number', '...:Biker cloth patches from thepatchshop, Beerwah, Qld, Australia.') .

Ron

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast