I have a backup .sql file, thouh it is quite old but better than nothing. If i upload this backup will it mess with anything that was added after the backup was made, will it wipe everything and use the new upload or will it just add the additional entries. I have added the module for saving from db now, can i add the .sql file this way or must i go via the phpmyadmin panel

I only want to add the categories from this .sql file because that is all that is missing when the problem occured and i dont know how it happened. Still a mystery, this is what the person it happened to said:

"I was going to build a new category with sub categories….I put in the new category as I always do…gave it a title and then I added two sub categories as I have done so many times.

I went to the live shop to press the refresh button to see if it appeared as I wanted…didn’t have to press the refresh button as it had already appeared…mmmm…

I went back into admin and deleted the sub categories…successfully…as I have done before and then I clicked on the delete button for the category I had created…It came up with message …are you sure you want to delete this category…I clicked delete and everything dis-appeared before my very eyes…That is how I recollect the events leading up to this mystery…"

Does anyone have any ideas, the site is www.edenspirit.co.uk if you need to look.

Please advise, i cant have this happening again

Paul

Sorry if you noticed this in another thread but i need this addressed asap