Plugin Contributions

how do I create a "add to shopping cart" link for an item outside of Zen Cart

Okay, as my question stated in the thread title I'm looking to be able to create a link for a item outside of Zen Cart that when a person clicks on it they will be directed to the "checkout" page of Zen Cart with the item already selected.

Is this possible - and if so how do I go about doing this. I've tried to find documentation on this in the forums with no luck - if I haven't provided enough information about what I want to do let me know and I'll try to be clearer :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how do I create a "add to shopping cart" link for an item outside of Zen Cart

Remember that to get to the checkout page, you might need to log in, create an account, etc.
    There's a lot to this.

Why not just land the person on the product info page? This is really a more common UI pattern. For instance, people's Amazon links don't take you to Amazon checkout, they take you to the product page.

Good luck,
    Scott
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how do I create a "add to shopping cart" link for an item outside of Zen Cart

I'd like to do this also. I don't want to mess with all my pages being limited by the template creation. I'd like to make a regular HTML page and place a html code on an Add to cart button, when they click it they're forwarded to the cart/checkout. Anyone have a idea? I'm looking at some shopping carts like this you have to pay for.

Plugin Contributions

This is not really how Zen Cart works. Some shopping cart solutions assume you have an existing web page and provide a facility for you to add a "buy" button (and the associated checkout logic); Zen Cart provides the entire framework.

Good luck,
    Scott
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I Agree with swguy. This isn't a simple javascript style add to cart button. This is a complete package that has ties to the database for verification, tracking, stock check, sale pricing, etc.