Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Optional Shipping Insurance Module Support Thread...

Yes split has now changed to preg_split. For those changes:

change to:

PHP Code:
    $table_cost preg_split("/[:,]/"$table); 

Plugin Contributions

AND it appears to work! Version zc 1.5.5f and Php 7.1

Oddly enough, this module never had a Edit and Remove button apparently to start with.
    I guess I'll repackage it for the site repository since everyone is supposed to migrate to 7.x anyways, as 5.6 will be EOL this coming December.

Thank you for the quick fix!

Quote Originally Posted by tmccaff View Post
    Yes split has now changed to preg_split. For those changes:

change to:

PHP Code:
    $table_cost preg_split("/[:,]/"$table); 

Plugin Contributions

Another odd artifact that I've noticed now that the module worked with the above modification.
    I have noticed now the built-in store pickup module cannot bypass insurance enforcement. It's annoying my customers, but I can sort of get around it by refunding the insurance amount upon pickup.
    Anyone else having the same issue? And any advice on how to diagnose and perhaps find out how to actually get this mod somewhat up to date?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chibipaw View Post
    Another odd artifact that I've noticed now that the module worked with the above modification.
    I have noticed now the built-in store pickup module cannot bypass insurance enforcement. It's annoying my customers, but I can sort of get around it by refunding the insurance amount upon pickup.
    Anyone else having the same issue? And any advice on how to diagnose and perhaps find out how to actually get this mod somewhat up to date?
    A new version, 3.3.0, has been released on our website. At the top of the file there is a check for storepickup. Can you confirm if that resolves your issue chibipaw?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    A new version, 3.3.0, has been released on our website. At the top of the file there is a check for storepickup. Can you confirm if that resolves your issue chibipaw?
    Woo hoo! And here I thought its abandoned. Alright going to start testing out the dev server tonight, and I'll let you know once I get some concrete results.
    Thanks for the update ! in both the information and the new version!

Plugin Contributions

Alright, I've installed 3.3.0 into my dev environment and this is what I have discovered so far:

If there is previous version of ot_insurance installed, one must manually delete the values MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSURANCE_* under the configuration_key in the configuration table before proceeding. Otherwise this module will display a +install button in the admin menu and then fail to install these values. Probably will need an uninstall SQL script of some sort.

Once installed, this module does not appear to know it has been installed. So the +install will return to the admin menu, and edit of the module's configuration_value's is not possible without directly manipulating the database directly. With that said, the -remove button will not appear, uninstall is not possible without deleting the above keys from the table mentioned above. This is of course going to be problematic.

If using a permitted zone address was used to check out using the Store Pickup option, no insurance was charged.
    But here comes to show stopper. Checkouts using the normal delivery method (USPS), does not trigger ot_insurance to charge a fee either.

Plugin Contributions

Alright, I've installed 3.3.0 into my dev environment and this is what I have discovered so far:

If there is previous version of ot_insurance installed, one must manually delete the values MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSURANCE_* under the configuration_key in the configuration table before proceeding. Otherwise this module will display a +install button in the admin menu and then fail to install these values. Probably will need an uninstall SQL script of some sort.

Once installed, this module does not appear to know it has been installed. So the +install will return to the admin menu, and edit of the module's configuration_value's is not possible without directly manipulating the database directly. With that said, the -remove button will not appear, uninstall is not possible without deleting the above keys from the table mentioned above. This is of course going to be problematic.

If using a permitted zone address was used to check out using the Store Pickup option, no insurance was charged.
    But here comes to show stopper. Checkouts using the normal delivery method (USPS), does not trigger ot_insurance to charge a fee either.
    The module needs to be uninstalled before uploading the new files and reinstalling. However, any future versions after 3.3.0 will auto upgrade.

Plugin Contributions

The module needs to be uninstalled before uploading the new files and reinstalling. However, any future versions after 3.3.0 will auto upgrade.
    Do you know whats the procedures to cleanly uninstalling the module? perhaps manually?
    v3.23 do not have the Remove button to uninstalling in the menu, as indicated in the documentation.
    The best I know of is deleting the the SQL entries above and over writing the two files.

The closest thing I can see is after clicking on the module is the first option, which it's a True False button with the following dialog:
    "Do you want to enable this module? To fully turn this off, both this option and the one below should be set to false."

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ryk View Post
    For anyone else looking to do this, this answer was provided by the module author:

Now, having made it mandatory, the next requirement is to exclude it completely from the Store Pickup option! This would probably take a proficient php coder a matter of minutes...but I'm not, and I'm starting now! (So any suggestions are welcome!)
    Thanks for the wonderful module to add shipping insurance.

I have two types of shipping options on my website:

1. expedited shipping
    2. regular mail

Now, I need to add mandatory shipping insurance to the Regular mail shipping only. I do not want the shipping insurance to show with Expedited shipping option.

Kindly let me know how an this be made possible.

Thanks in advance.
    muteyaar

Plugin Contributions

I have this same problem. Did you find a solution?

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast