Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Optional Shipping Insurance Module Support Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    The Insurance module does not show the additional amount the customer has to pay, (I use Zone Rate Shipping Fee)
    That is how it works, it doesn't show till the following page. I usually change the text to something like this:

"Click here to add optional insurance. We use standard USPS shipping rates, and the rate will display on the following page. If you decide you no longer want insurance, simple use the back button on your browser and de-select this option"

The text for that is in includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_insurance.php

Plugin Contributions

Ah, that's the reason. But wouldn't it be too much a hassle for customers? Can't we somehow display it there? Is it because of the GiftCards and stuffs that the customers may apply? But we can display an estimated number there based on the total price before any discount, and then on the next page we display the real price (after all the discounts have been applied)?I think that would be better for me, as a customer.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to move this module to the shipping screen (where the customer selects the shipping method). If so, how would i go about doing that?

Thanks

-Andrew

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Optional Shipping Insurance Module Support Thread...

Is there a place where I can go and insert the new USPS insurance costs? They went up in May and the mod doesn't reflect those price changes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by traypup View Post
    Is there a place where I can go and insert the new USPS insurance costs? They went up in May and the mod doesn't reflect those price changes.
    You can change them in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

You'll be messing around in php, but you'll see the section with the rates, and you can just put the new ones in!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    You can change them in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

You'll be messing around in php, but you'll see the section with the rates, and you can just put the new ones in!
    Oh cool....I answered my own question and I actually put the new rates into includes/modules/order_total/ot_insurance.php and that seems to be working.

I had one more question, though: I see that in IE7, the text in the shipping insurance checkbox area on the payment information page is weird....it's like a narrow column of text in the box that's the same width as the rest of the payment boxes on that page. I can't find where to adjust for this in IE. It's fine in firefox. I hope that made sense.

thanks!
    Tracey

Plugin Contributions

Oh cool....I answered my own question and I actually put the new rates into includes/modules/order_total/ot_insurance.php and that seems to be working.

I had one more question, though: I see that in IE7, the text in the shipping insurance checkbox area on the payment information page is weird....it's like a narrow column of text in the box that's the same width as the rest of the payment boxes on that page. I can't find where to adjust for this in IE. It's fine in firefox. I hope that made sense.

thanks!
    Tracey
    Sorry, that's the file I meant.

Could I see a link, please?

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, that's the file I meant.

Could I see a link, please?
    Hi! I can't really give you a link because you have to be logged in and in step 2 of the checkout process, but attached is a screen shot. It's doing this in IE (I have IE7, they have IE7 or earlier), but not in Firefox.

thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Hi! I can't really give you a link because you have to be logged in and in step 2 of the checkout process, but attached is a screen shot. It's doing this in IE (I have IE7, they have IE7 or earlier), but not in Firefox.

thanks!!
    I don't see this in my test site, though I've made a lot of css adjustments from stock zen.

Try adding this to your css:

LABEL.inputLabel {
    width:85%;
    float:left;
    margin:0.3em;
    }

Plugin Contributions

I don't see this in my test site, though I've made a lot of css adjustments from stock zen.

Try adding this to your css:

LABEL.inputLabel {
    width:85%;
    float:left;
    margin:0.3em;
    }

Jettrue, that worked!!!! Thank you SO much!

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast