Plugin Contributions

Default OSC 2.2MS2 to Zen 1.3.6 - advice?

Hello everyone,

I have been reading over the instructions concerning migrating from OSC to ZEN.

I have an existing OSC (2.2MS2) cart that has been used as only an online catalog. We do not accept orders, etc. So, the only information I need is Products and the Categories.

I have read the FAQ about migrating from OSC to Zen, but when it gets to the part about comparing SQL structures, editing Zen's structure and such... I just cringe.

I have seen posts by Merlin in regards to another approach. He provides an SQL altering script. He says to export your OSC products, etc. Put that info in a blank database and then run his script against the code.

My only problem is that I continue to run into errors as I process that SQL code. I am wondering if perhaps the script he provides it out of date with regards to current structures (last post I saw was in 2005).

Does anyone have any direction they can offer? I would really like to pursue a "script" approach (like Merlin's) rather than editing SQL structures and such by hand.

Thanks,
    Kevin L.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: OSC 2.2MS2 to Zen 1.3.6 - advice?

Ok, so I found the Easy Populate contributions.

I was able to use the one for OSC and the newer one for ZC to import all of my categories and products.

I then FTP'ed my images over and everything worked like a champ.

I will post more details for anyone who may be interested (ie - for when I have to do this a second time later today).