Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Warning Your database appears to need patching to a higher level

When I log into the Admin section of my site I get the following messages

Warning Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.

My info on that page is:

Zen Cart 1.3.6
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.5
    v1.3.5 [2006-09-12 20:29:45] (Fresh Installation)

I upgraded from 1.3.5 this morning and believe I did everything right including the upgrade database process in the zc_installer.

My site appears to be running fine except for the error message.

How can I fix it?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Warning Your database appears to need patching to a higher level

If the database version indicator is not v1.3.6, then that stage did not complete properly. Best to re-do the db-upgrade step via zc_install.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Warning Your database appears to need patching to a higher level

I tried re-upgrading the database by running zc_install again. However, I am still having the same problem:

Zen Cart 1.3.6
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.5
    v1.3.5 [2006-09-12 20:29:45] (Fresh Installation)

I think I am doing everything correctly (Following step 3 of the Upgrade Proceedure):

I made a new db called "newstore" I backed up my old db "store" by following these steps:

1. Selecting the original database in the database dropdown panel on the left in phpMyAdmin.*

2. When that page opens, select Export from the top tabs.

3. Select all.

4. Select MySql

5. Ensure that Structure is checked on the right of the page and that Add DROP TABLE, Add AUTO INCREMENT and Enclose table and field names with backquotes are all checked.

6. The defaults in the Data panel seem to work fine for me (they are Complete inserts, Extended inserts and Use hexadecimal for binary fields all checked

7. Make sure Export Type is INSERT

8. Check Save as file

9. Up to you whether you use compression or not.

10. Click Go.

Save this to your hard-drive.

I restored this .sql file to my "newstore" db.

I made sure that the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php are uploaded.

I edited in my db name, pw, and user in includes/configure.php.

I run zc_install. At the "Prerequisites" screen I get the message at the top:

"Upgrade Mode Available

Previous Zen Cart Installation Found
    Database appears to be Zen Cart v1.3.6"

I click the Database upgrade button and go to the next screen where I get the message:
    "Database Information -- Upgrade Sniffer predicts: *** No upgrade required***"

I fill in my information anyway and click the upgrade button.

I get these errors:

SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "DEFINE_PAGE_NOT_FOUND_STATUS" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "CURRENCY_UPLIFT_RATIO" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "CURRENCY_UPLIFT_RATIO" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_TOP_WIDTH" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_TOP_HEIGHT" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_EMPTY_NEW_PRODUCTS" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_EMPTY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_EMPTY_SPECIALS_PRODUCTS" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_EMPTY_UPCOMING" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "PRODUCT_LIST_CATEGORY_ROW_STATUS" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SHOW_NEW_PRODUCTS_UPCOMING_MASKED" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "META_TAG_INCLUDE_MODEL" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column get_term_table because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column get_term_name_field because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column coupon_zone_restriction because it already exists.

I am at my wits end. I have tried reinstalling zc at least 6 times. I have deleted my new database and recreated it at least 3 times. I'm not sure where I am going wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bgroup99 View Post
    I edited in my db name, pw, and user in includes/configure.php.
    Did you edit the same information in your /admin/includes/configure.php ?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I was wondering about that. I did not do it because I read in the 2.readme_how_to_upgrade:

"EDIT your "/zen_new/includes/configure.php" file and ensure that your DATABASE_NAME matches your NEW database. Also verify database username and password in case that information has changed. Save this file, and be sure to upload it as part of the next step:"

That section of the upgrade readme is sort of unclear. I'll try editing both /includes/configure.php and /admin/includes/configure.php and re-running zc_install.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Warning Your database appears to need patching to a higher level

I changed both configure.php files and re-ran zc_install.

The only errors I had were:

NOTE: Skipped upgrade statements: 2
    See details at bottom of page for your inspection.
    (Details also logged in the "upgrade_exceptions" table.)

I checked the upgrade_exceptions table, but I'm not exactly sure what is there -- I don't know much about sql.

I guess they don't matter though because it worked. I'm all upgraded. I feel stupid for only editing the one configure.php file, but the readme is misleading.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I got the same error with the "Cannot ADD column get_term_name_field because it already exists." statement. Does anyone know if this is normal?

I am upgrading from 1.3.5 to 1.3.6 as well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bgroup99 View Post

I checked the upgrade_exceptions table, but I'm not exactly sure what is there -- I don't know much about sql.

I guess they don't matter though because it worked. I'm all upgraded.
    I don't think those messages are always an indication of a serious problem. If your store is running alright I wouldn't worry about it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Those are only alerts. They are not errors. The descriptive explaining the messages also indicates that those alerts are not necessarily indications of a problem. They are simply indicating to you that something being done by the upgrade was "already done" and didn't need doing. There could be many reasons for this ... some important. Some not. In most cases it's a non-issue if the message simply says "SKIPPED .... ...... already exists, etc"

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the clarification on this one. I am quite new to Zencart and this was my first upgrade. My store is not yet live, but I am having a blast with Zencart (My previous store was CRELoaded but their support is non-existent). Go Zencart!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast