Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Rush/Priority Handling Charge

did you ever find a solution to this? I too have priority handling and fast and easy checkout installed and have the same issue. the update buttons don't work. I would settle for just removing the buttons but I cant figure out how to do that. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

JP

Quote Originally Posted by joeyrocket View Post
    I seem to be having trouble with this. I presumed that this would work with the Fast and Easy Checkout add-on, because this (Rush/Priority Handling) was based on another mod created by Numinix (same developer).

Also, on my single page checkout, I get a little update button next to the Priority Handling, which is not present in the standard checkout.

This would lead me to assume that the two are compatible. However, when I choose to accept the handling charge and click the update button, it refreshes the page and the total remains unchanged, while the checkbox becomes unchecked.

This works fine in the standard checkout. It is only having problems with the Fast and Easy checkout enabled. Is Priority Handling incompatible with the newest version of fast and easy checkout, or did I perhaps break something?

Plugin Contributions

My client needs two different priority charges so I duplicated this mod and made enough changes to have it show up in admin. However, only one - the original one - shows up at checkout.

I have carefully gone through and removed anything that can be remotely thought to conflict with the first version - and there was more than usual.

I'm posting the new module here in hopes someone can take a quick look and see if I've missed something or if there's something in the mod that makes it impossible to do this. I don't see the problem!
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    /*
      Priority Handling Module
      ot_express_handling.php, v 1.0 2003/12/03
      osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
      http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Modified to work with zen cart

Released under the GNU General Public License
    */
    class ot_express_handling {
        var 
    $title$output;

function 
    ot_express_handling()
        {

$this->code 'ot_express_handling';

$this->title MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TITLE;

$this->description MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_DESCRIPTION;

$this->enabled MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_STATUS;

$this->sort_order MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_SORT_ORDER;

$this->credit_class 'true';

$this->output = array();
        }

function 
    process()
        {
            global 
    $order$currencies;
            if (
    MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_USE == 'true') {
                if (! 
    $_SESSION['express_handling']) {

$charge_it 'false';
                } else {

$charge_it true;
                }

// get country/zone id (copy & paste from functions_taxes.php)

if (isset($_SESSION['customer_id'])) {

$cntry_id $_SESSION['customer_country_id'];

$zn_id $_SESSION['customer_zone_id'];
                } else {

$cntry_id STORE_COUNTRY;

$zn_id STORE_ZONE;
                }
                if (
    $charge_it == 'true') {

$tax zen_get_tax_rate(MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TAX_CLASS);
                    if (
    MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TYPE =='percent') {

$eh_tax      zen_calculate_tax(($order->info['subtotal'] * MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_PER 100), $tax);

$eh_subtotal $order->info['subtotal'] * MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_PER 100;
                    } else {
                      if (
    $order->info['subtotal'] > MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_OVER) {

$est MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_OVER;
                      } else {

$est $order->info['subtotal'];
                      }

$how_often   ceil($est/MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_INCREMENT);

$eh_tax      zen_calculate_tax((MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_FEE $how_often), $tax);

$eh_subtotal = (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_FEE $how_often);
                    }
                    if (
    MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TAX_INLINE == 'Handling Fee') { 

$eh_text     $currencies->format($eh_subtotal+$eh_taxtrue$order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']);

$eh_value    $eh_subtotal+$eh_tax// nr@sebo addition

} else {

$tax_descrip zen_get_tax_description(MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TAX_CLASS$cntry_id$zn_id);

$order->info['tax_groups'][$tax_descrip]+= $eh_tax;

$eh_text     $currencies->format($eh_subtotaltrue$order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']);

$eh_value    $eh_subtotal// nr@sebo addition

}

$order->info['tax'] += $eh_tax

$order->info['total'] += $eh_subtotal $eh_tax;

$this->output[] = array('title' => $this->title ':','text' => $eh_text,'value' => $eh_value);
                } 
            } else if (
    $charge_it == 'false') {

$tax zen_get_tax_rate(MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TAX_CLASS);

$express_handling 0;

$order->info['tax'] += zen_calculate_tax($express_handling$tax);

$order->info['total'] += $express_handling zen_calculate_tax($express_handling$tax);

$this->output[] = array('title' => $this->title ':',

'text' => $currencies->format(zen_add_tax($express_handling$tax) + zen_calculate_tax($express_handling$tax), true$order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),

'value' => zen_add_tax($express_handling$tax));
            }
        }

function 
    pre_confirmation_check($order_total)
        {
            return 
    0.0;
        }

function 
    get_order_total() {
          global  
    $order;

$order_total_tax $order->info['tax'];

$order_total $order->info['total'];
          if (
    $this->include_shipping != 'true'$order_total -= $order->info['shipping_cost'];
          if (
    $this->include_tax != 'true'$order_total -= $order->info['tax'];

$orderTotalFull $order_total;

$order_total = array('totalFull'=>$orderTotalFull'total'=>$order_total'tax'=>$order_total_tax);

return 
    $order_total;
        }

function 
    credit_selection()
        {

$selected = (($_SESSION['express_handling'] == '1') ? true false);

$selection = array(

'id' => $this->code,

'module' => $this->title,

'redeem_instructions' => MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TEXT_DESCR.'<br><br>',

'fields' => array(array(

'field' => zen_draw_checkbox_field('opt_express_handling''1'$selected),

'title' => MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TEXT_ENTER_CODE

))
            );
            return 
    $selection;
        }

function 
    update_credit_account($i)
        {
        }

function 
    apply_credit()
        {
        }

function 
    clear_posts()
        {
            unset(
    $_SESSION['express_handling']);
        }

function 
    collect_posts()
        {
            global 
    $db$currencies;
            if (
    $_POST['opt_express_handling']) {

$_SESSION['express_handling'] = $_POST['opt_express_handling'];
            } else {

$_SESSION['express_handling'] = '0';
            }
        }

function 
    check()
        {
            global 
    $db;
            if (!isset(
    $this->check)) {

$check_query $db->Execute("select configuration_value from " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_STATUS'");

$this->check $check_query->RecordCount();
            }

return 
    $this->check;
        }

function 
    keys()
        {
            return array(
    'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_STATUS','MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_USE''MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_SORT_ORDER''MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TYPE''MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_PER''MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_FEE''MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_INCREMENT''MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_OVER''MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TAX_CLASS','MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TAX_INLINE');
        }

function 
    install()
        {
          global 
    $db;

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable Priority Handling Module', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_STATUS', 'true', 'Do you want to enable this module? To fully turn this off, both this option and the one below should be set to false.', '6', '1','zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values('Offer Priority Handling?', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_USE', 'true', 'Do you want to offer express handling?', '6', '2', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values('Sort Order', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_SORT_ORDER', '150', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '3', now())");

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values('Priority Handling Charge Type', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TYPE', 'percent', 'Specify whether the handling charge should be a percentage of  cart subtotal, or specified as tiers below', '6', '4', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'percent\', \'tiered\'), ', now())");

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, date_added) values('Handling Charge: Percentage', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_PER', '5', 'Enter the percentage of subtotal to charge as handling fee.', '6', '5', '', now())");

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, date_added) values('Handling Charge: Fee Tier', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_FEE', '.50', 'Enter the fee tier increment.  Handling charge will be: <br> (subtotal/price_tier) * fee_tier', '6', '6', 'currencies->format', now())");

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, date_added) values('Handling Charge: Price Tier ', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_INCREMENT', '100', 'Enter the price tier increment.  To setup a flat-fee structure, enter a large value here and your flat fee in the fee tier above.  For example, if you want to always charge $10 and your orders are typically around $100, enter $5000 here and $10 in the Fee Tier box.', '6', '7', 'currencies->format', now())");

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, date_added) values('Handling Charge: Price Tier Ceiling', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_OVER', '1000', 'Enter the price tier maximum.  For example, the default values setup a 50 cent charge for every $100 assessed up to $1000 of the cart subtotal, or $5 maximum.', '6', '8', 'currencies->format', now())");

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values('Tax Class', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'If handling fees are taxable, then select the tax class that should apply.', '6', '9', 'zen_get_tax_class_title', 'zen_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(', now())");

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values('Tax Display', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TAX_INLINE', 'Tax Subtotal', 'Can have tax (see above) be added to the tax subtotal line for the class above or have the it be added to the handling fee line.  Which line should it be added to?', '6', '10', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'Tax Subtotal\', \'Handling Fee\'), ', now())");       
        }

function 
    remove()
        {
            global 
    $db;

$keys '';

$keys_array $this->keys();
            for (
    $i=0$i<sizeof($keys_array); $i++) {

$keys .= "'" $keys_array[$i] . "',";
            }

$keys substr($keys0, -1);

$db->Execute("delete from " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " where configuration_key in (" $keys ")");
        }
    }
    ?>
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

I am not seeing anything obvious ...

Could you post the language file for this?

Could you go to the Modules ... Order Total ... and click on this and post what you see in the right hand panel?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

That makes me feel better!

PHP Code:
      define('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TITLE''Express Handling');

define('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_DESCRIPTION''Express Handling');

define('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TEXT_DESCR''Rush my order!  Select this optional handling by clicking on the box below next to Add Express Handling.  A priority handling charge will be added to your total after you click continue.');

define('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_EXPRESS_HANDLING_TEXT_ENTER_CODE''Add Express Handling:'); 

Plugin Contributions

So far, it is working fine for me ...

Unless you post something weird for the settings in the right panel in the Modules ... Order Total ... for the module ot_express_handling or find any debug logs ... I am not seeing the problem ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Lesson to anyone reading - don't leave the sort order the same - must change one number. Duh. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this was an issue of the Sort Order ...

Duplicate Sort Orders on the modules will usually result in one of them disappearing ...

What version of Zen Cart are you running?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

One of the reasons why I missed that is because I have rarely ever have a problem - I guess until 1.5.1 - but the last time it came up there was a message in admin about duplicate sorts orders - that was for either payments or shipping - not order totals.

Plugin Contributions

I'm using this https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=236 Priority Order Handling add on,
    It seems like it stores in orders_total as ot_priorityhandling
    Is there any way to have it combined with ot_shipping?

Plugin Contributions

First, some clarification... The Priority Handling module works by adding a new class to Zen Cart, called "ot_priority_handling", which encapsulates the processing or code portion that makes the module work. But the class itself does not store anything. The handling the handling charge itself and any preferences are stored in the ZenCart configuration table in MySQL. During a live cart session, whether the user selects this option or not is stored in the $_SESSION variable. Outside of this, the class then uses $_SESSION to see whether to do any processing; if so, then it uses the stored preferences to come up with a value to charge, does the tax calculation appropriately, and finally whatever else so everything shows up correctly in the final order total.

I supposed you could modify the built-in shipping module to accomplish something similar. I'm not sure why this would be preferable. If you want to add a flat-rate shipping charge base, just define your shipping preferences this way. The additional charge would be there, but it would be hidden. If you want to call out the charge specifically and give the user the option to add it or not, then you can use something like Priority Handling, and maybe just modify the language file so the text description is what you want. Therefore, I do not see any semantic reason for modifying the built-in shipping module code, but maybe I don't understand your specific application.

Another thing to consider is that modifying the built-in shipping module changes a component of the base distribution. The main idea with the Priority Handling module is to make the functionality an add-on that does not alter the distribution code base. Therefore, any Zen Cart update would be much easier for you using this module versus you trying to re-apply whatever code changes you did before on the base distribution.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

-ml

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast