Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Rush/Priority Handling Charge

From the last few requests, I am left to conclude that somehow there's been a misconception leading people to somehow believe that this module allows any variance and customization--as if it were some sort of magic silver bullet. Unfortunately, the aim for this module us much less flamboyant. Please allow my to clarify: this module simply makes an adjustment to the "order total" to account for some surcharge in a global manner. I called it "priority handling" but you can assign it another name. Regardless, the point is that it simply adds a single global surcharge that the end-consumer can choose to "add" if they want to. If this is what you are looking for, then this module does what it claims.

However, if you seek a more complex differentiation for either calculating or appling a type of surcharge, then you need to modify the module code yourself to accomplish your goal. As you are invested to achieve your goal, I hope you find the existing code as good starting point to achieve what your need. Personally, I piggied-back on another's code to achieve this module for my needs, and posted it back to the forum to hopefully help others. I would highly recommend that anyone who similarly needs to extend functionality further, to fork the code (meaning your make your own module) and then post it to this community so anyone can download it. I personally think this type of sharing is what builds the essence of community-supported code.

Apologies for any misconception.

Regards,

markus
    Last edited by mlankeit; 6 Oct 2012 at 09:36 AM.

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=mlankeit;328769]Actually, this is already built into the module. You can setup either a percentage scale or build flat tiers, and the rate charged will vary based on the order sub-total.

Hi Markus,

I 'm building a wine store site. I've manually installed ver 1.51 as per the Zencart instructions and installed numerous add-ons and a new template. This is the set-up on the server:
    Apache version: 2.2.23, PHP version: 5.4.12, MySQL version: 5.5.30-log, Architecture: x86_64 &
    Operating system: linux

So far, so good but I've run into a snag regarding the handling charge. The packing material is quite expensive and there is no way to come up with a single fair or real handling charge. I need a way to charge the actual costs of the packing material which is determined by how many bottles of wine are purchased; regardless of the price.

Ideally, something that adds the following handing charges is what I need:

1 bottle = $5
    2 bottles = $7
    3 bottles = $9
    6 bottles = $13
    12 bottles = $16

Adding combinations for different quantities would also be necessary while using the least expensive box/styrofoam combination for any size order including quantities above 12.

Any assistance or recommendations would be appreciated. I did read your post above but I'm writing to you because you obviously understand Zencart better than I do and I'm not a coder. Do you do custom work for a fee? Thank you in advance,
    Larry Andron
    Last edited by landron; 4 Apr 2013 at 04:28 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Dear Larry,

Your needs seem very unique to your specific business. Basically, you need to have brand-new module that does this for you. I'm not sure if such a thing exists that can be adapted, but I do know that my module won't do this.

If you are interested in working out a deal to get this coded, contact me at mlankeit######################. I'm currently in China and may not always have access to email, but I will respond.

Thx.

markus

Plugin Contributions

I order 12 Products of quantity 1 each ... is the charge $16.00?

I order 4 Products of quantity 3 each ... is the charge $16.00 or $9 * 4 for $36.00?

I order 10 Products of quantity 2 each ... what is the charge?

I order 18 Products of quantity 1 each ... what is the charge?

I order 6 Products of quantity 3 each ... what is the charge?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Markus,

I've been using priority handling module for several years and it worked like a charm. Thank you.

I just upgraded to 1.5.1. If I enable the priority handling module, I got error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method ot_priority_handling::get_order_total() in /home3/hipgirlc/public_html/store/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 182

Same thing if I enable the insurance module:
    PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method ot_insurance::get_order_total() in /home3/hipgirlc/public_html/store/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 182

I didn't change anything in order_total.php.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle

Plugin Contributions

I downloaded the new version of insurance module from the link below and it worked.

http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=232

Will test priority handling later.

Thanks

Michelle

Plugin Contributions

I just tried it and it works for me... I did a fresh install of 1.5.1 and priority handling 1.2--no problems with install/setup for the module on the admin side and no errors when processing an order as a customer...

Based on this, my guess is that somehow your "upgrade" is gumming things up for you. Maybe it's something simple in the configuration table. Try to uninstall the module and re-install it. If that doesn't work, try installing a new version of 1.5.1, add your customization and then add priority handling. You can install on a new db just to 'test' things and later re-point to your current db using the configure files.

All the best,

-ml
    Last edited by mlankeit; 30 May 2013 at 04:41 AM. Reason: grammar errors...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mlankeit View Post
    I just tried it and it works for me... I did a fresh install of 1.5.1 and priority handling 1.2--no problems with install/setup for the module on the admin side and no errors when processing an order as a customer...

Based on this, my guess is that somehow your "upgrade" is gumming things up for you. Maybe it's something simple in the configuration table. Try to uninstall the module and re-install it. If that doesn't work, try installing a new version of 1.5.1, add your customization and then add priority handling. You can install on a new db just to 'test' things and later re-point to your current db using the configure files.

All the best,

-ml
    Thanks a lot. I'll try to uninstall the module and re-install it.

Michelle

Plugin Contributions

Testing out the Priority Handling addon and found when used in conjunction with the 'Rewards Points' module, it adds additional rewards points (in my case I have a $5 rush handling charge) to the order total/points earned.

I assume this is a Rewards Points issue vs a Priority Handling issue, but thought I would post it here as well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
    Testing out the Priority Handling addon and found when used in conjunction with the 'Rewards Points' module, it adds additional rewards points (in my case I have a $5 rush handling charge) to the order total/points earned.

I assume this is a Rewards Points issue vs a Priority Handling issue, but thought I would post it here as well.
    Resolved.

Resolved by going to Configuration -> Rewards Points Configuration -> Advanced Reward Point Calculation Rules and adding in ot_priority_handling and subtract.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast