Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to change product image..?

don't want to repeat myself but have not seen a reply to my last post. can anyone help?

Plugin Contributions

Best to not hijack a post by adding your issue to the end as many think that it has been answered. Start you own post in the future.

anyway, i don't know what to say but i think it must have had something to do with my computer or server cos it 'fixed' itself. i gave up on it that day and when i went online next day, it was doing what it was supposed to do.

in answer to your questions. they're all yes....

it would be nice to know for certain what the problem was for future reference so now you know the answers to your questions, are you able to say what was causing it?
    Many times this is a browser caching issue and by clearing your browser cache you can see the new information(F5) for most browsers.
    1) when a product comes up a box appears below saying 'customers also bought' - how do i remove this? or change the position? or change the number of rows (can change columns)
    Looks like you got this squared if not post a link to the page in question.
    2) in ie7 product appears above, 'also bought' box appears below, with 'add to cart' or 'login for price' button to the right. looks correct. in firefox the 'also bought' box stretches right across so that the add to cart/login button is 'overlayed' over the right hand part of it. i don't know much about firefox and ie but i always hear firefox is better. in this case, it does not appear to be displaying correctly. how do sort this out?
    IE is quirky and self corrects(guesses) at some errors. Best to design in the most compliant browser FF is a good one and then if there are IE issues correct for the quirks.
    3) another firefox issue - when you go on main page in ie7 categories display correctly in centre of screen. in firefox, cues an repairs/alterations are 'doubled up'. any ideas?
    Looking I also did not see this issue.

BTW: How do you stack up to Meucci or Schon ??
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Best to not hijack a post by adding your issue to the end as many think that it has been answered. Start you own post in the future.

Many times this is a browser caching issue and by clearing your browser cache you can see the new information(F5) for most browsers.

Looks like you got this squared if not post a link to the page in question.

IE is quirky and self corrects(guesses) at some errors. Best to design in the most compliant browser FF is a good one and then if there are IE issues correct for the quirks.

Looking I also did not see this issue.

BTW: How do you stack up to Meucci or Schon ??
    cheers for reply.

hijack? like i said in the post i don't know if i'm doing this right. how do i actually start a new post? have looked everywhere for a button but i can't see it...

anyway, i had done the f5 thing (loads of times actually). just did not work. was only next day when i could view it properly. MUST have something to with my browser but it was doing it in ff and ie...

about ff and ie, my point is that my zen cart is not displaying correctly (i think) in ff but it is in ie7. which surprised me.

have not sussed the problems at all. if you have time to register (sorry but shop is live now - just put kobra as your name and make up the rest if you want and i'll authorise you straight away), go to cases, python half leather, and click 3pc blue. you'll see the box come up. look in ie7 and ff to see what i mean.

so, to recap, my problems/questions are:
    1) when a product comes up, a box appears below product saying 'customers also bought' - how do i remove this? or change the position? or change the number of rows (can change columns ok)
    2) in ie7 product appears above, 'also bought' box appears below, with 'add to cart' or 'login for price' button to the right. looks correct. in firefox the 'also bought' box stretches right across so that the add to cart/login button is 'overlayed' over the right hand part of it. i don't know much about firefox and ie but i always hear firefox is better. in this case, it does not appear to be displaying correctly. how do i sort this out? can i adjust position of cart button?
    3) another firefox issue - when you go on main page in ie7, categories display correctly in centre of screen. in firefox, cues and repairs/alterations are 'doubled up'. firstly can you see it, and secondly any ideas?

thanks, looking forward to your reply.

p.s. don't forget to tell me how i start a new post.

Plugin Contributions

headache,

when you are in a forum (not viewing a thread) there is an icon "Start New Thread" in the upper left. About the same location as the reply icon when you are viewing a thread

I will take a look when I get a chance.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

ok cheers. just to let you know my server is apparently down at moment so if you cant view it, try later. cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12