Plugin Contributions

Default for more information, please click here...

Hi all,

I am not sure, if I join the right topic, but I would like to know the following:

I am giong to offer divers products like e.g. cell phones. The product has a short description, but when the customer wants to see a detailed description, like technical info (which is often very long), he should be able to download the info and get an PDF-file by a click, let's say:

For detatailed information, please click here...

'click here' should be a link to the PDF-file.

Can anyone help me on this...please?

I tried to read me through for hours now, but somehow I can't find a solution.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Kruna

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: for more information, please click here...

That's fairly simple. Just upload the PDF file to your server, then create a link to it in the product description.
    Your link will look similar to this:
    Code:
    <a href="PATH_TO_PDF_FOLDER/PDF_FILE.pdf" target="_blank">Click here for more info on this product</a>
    Change the stuff in all caps to the location of your PDF file in relation to your cart folder. For example, if your cart folder is in http://mysite.com/zencart/ and your PDF file named data.pdf is in http://mysite.com/pdf/ your relative link in your item description would be "../pdf/data.pdf"
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for the response, I'll try it out and let you know, if I get in trouble..

Plugin Contributions

I am trying it out right now, but I guees I need a step by step description for dummies, like click with your right finger..., sorry..newbe, ok I upload the pdf-file, but in which folder?
    then create a link to it in the product description.
    Where do I create this link?

Change the stuff in all caps to the location of your PDF file in relation to your cart folder. For example, if your cart folder is in http://mysite.com/zencart/ and your PDF file named data.pdf is in http://mysite.com/pdf/ your relative link in your item description would be "../pdf/data.pdf"
    Sorry, didn't quite understand what you mean...

Plugin Contributions

I am trying it out right now, but I guees I need a step by step description for dummies, like click with your right finger..., sorry..newbe, ok I upload the pdf-file, but in which folder?
    You can upload your files into any folder you choose. It does not have to be a folder inside the cart folder.

Where do I create this link?
    You need to add the link into the item description box.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

ahhh..ok, now I understand...I have another question similar to this thread.

It deals about the section where the customer needs to login. Most people here don't use postal codes, therefore I would like to provide a list of postal codes also in PDF.
    It should be like this:

Dirección: *Dirección Línea 2: Ciudad: *Estado/Provincia: *Código postal: * postal code?
    País:

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Kruna
    Por favor, seleccione su paísAfghanistanAlbaniaAlgeriaAmerican SamoaAndorraAngolaAnguillaAntarcticaAntigua and BarbudaArgentinaArmeniaArubaAustraliaAustriaAzerbaijanBahamasBahrainBangladeshBa rbadosBelarusBelgiumBelizeBeninBermudaBhutanBoliviaBosnia and HerzegowinaBotswanaBouvet IslandBrazilBritish Indian Ocean TerritoryBrunei DarussalamBulgariaBurkina FasoBurundiCambodiaCameroonCanadaCape VerdeCayman IslandsCentral African RepublicChadChileChinaChristmas IslandCocos (Keeling) IslandsColombiaComorosCongoCook IslandsCosta RicaCote D'IvoireCroatiaCubaCyprusCzech RepublicDenmarkDjiboutiDominicaDominican RepublicEast TimorEcuadorEgyptEl SalvadorEquatorial GuineaEritreaEstoniaEthiopiaFalkland Islands (Malvinas)Faroe IslandsFijiFinlandFranceFrance, MetropolitanFrench GuianaFrench PolynesiaFrench Southern TerritoriesGabonGambiaGeorgiaGermanyGhanaGibraltarGreeceGreenlandGrenadaGuadelou peGuamGuatemalaGuineaGuinea-bissauGuyanaHaitiHeard and Mc Donald IslandsHondurasHong KongHungaryIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIran (Islamic Republic of)IraqIrelandIsraelItalyJamaicaJapanJordanKazakhstanKenyaKiribatiKorea, Democratic People's Republic ofKorea, Republic ofKuwaitKyrgyzstanLao People's Democratic RepublicLatviaLebanonLesothoLiberiaLibyan Arab JamahiriyaLiechtensteinLithuaniaLuxembourgMacauMacedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic ofMadagascarMalawiMalaysiaMaldivesMaliMaltaMarshall IslandsMartiniqueMauritaniaMauritiusMayotteMexicoMicronesia, Federated States ofMoldova, Republic ofMonacoMongoliaMontserratMoroccoMozambiqueMyanmarNamibiaNauruNepalNetherlandsNe therlands AntillesNew CaledoniaNew ZealandNicaraguaNigerNigeriaNiueNorfolk IslandNorthern Mariana IslandsNorwayOmanPakistanPalauPanamaPapua New GuineaParaguayPeruPhilippinesPitcairnPolandPortugalPuerto RicoQatarReunionRomaniaRussian FederationRwandaSaint Kitts and NevisSaint LuciaSaint Vincent and the GrenadinesSamoaSan MarinoSao Tome and PrincipeSaudi ArabiaSenegalSeychellesSierra LeoneSingaporeSlovakia (Slovak Republic)SloveniaSolomon IslandsSomaliaSouth AfricaSouth Georgia and the South Sandwich IslandsSpainSri LankaSt. HelenaSt. Pierre and MiquelonSudanSurinameSvalbard and Jan Mayen IslandsSwazilandSwedenSwitzerlandSyrian Arab RepublicTaiwanTajikistanTanzania, United Republic ofThailandTogoTokelauTongaTrinidad and TobagoTunisiaTurkeyTurkmenistanTurks and Caicos IslandsTuvaluUgandaUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesUnited KingdomUnited StatesUnited States Minor Outlying IslandsUruguayUzbekistanVanuatuVatican City State (Holy See)VenezuelaViet NamVirgin Islands (British)Virgin Islands (U.S.)Wallis and Futuna IslandsWestern SaharaYemenYugoslaviaZaireZambiaZimbabwe *

Plugin Contributions

ups??? I copy - pasted, but came out something diferent...will try to post again:

ahhh..ok, now I understand...I have another question similar to this thread.

It deals about the section where the customer needs to login. Most people here don't use postal codes, therefore I would like to provide a list of postal codes also in PDF.
    It should be like this:

please see attachment

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Kruna
    Attached Images Attached Images