help question Is it possible to customize Zen Cart for brokering?

Hello all,

I'm new with Zen Cart and I'm currently evaluating an open source solution to implement a services brokering web-site. Such web-site will receive two kinds of visitors: 1) end customers (services buyers) and 2) service providers.

My main goal is to create a common place where customers meet good service providers, searching and comparing their services specs & prices.

I'm not worrying about the customer's side because Zen Cart seems to have all resources that my site will offer to them. My main concern is regarding the services providers' side: they must be able to create accounts for them, and after an approvement process, to log on and manage their services (add, delete, modify services' specs, prices, etc).

When customers visit my website they can search for available services, already posted by service's providers, and order the service that matches their needs. Simple, uh?

But I need to use an e-commerce tool that offers resources to deal with customers and providers as well, and I don't know if Zen Cart can be customized to do that.

I appreciate some help of an experienced Zen Cart's user. If it's possible, please let me know about what is involved on the customization process. If it's not possible, please inform the name of any other open source / freeware solution for such situation.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible to customize Zen Cart for brokering?

The functionality that you seek is not native to ZenCart and would require extensive alteration to allow others to create accounts that they can edit.

You state:
    My main concern is regarding the services providers' side: they must be able to create accounts for them, and after an approvement process
    You could, with a bit more effort on your part, ask them to upload their content that you will then approve and enter on their behalf.

I know not exactly what you wanted but would work.

I do not have additional information on other OperSource solutions for your desire.
    Maybe another will.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Default Re: Is it possible to customize Zen Cart for brokering?

Thank you for your reply. Your suggestion was my "B plan". If you know about another open source solution to handle such situation, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Wander