Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

G'day,

We're in the process of setting up the payment options for a new online store we're building, mostly servicing Australian customers, but expect to see some International ones also.

We've already loaded about 300 products into the store, and will probably end up with close to 1000 products. Prices range from $5 to $5,000.

This is the first time we've had to deal with an online sales setup, so it's all very new to us.

We already have a National Australia Bank (NAB) merchant account and credit card processing unit for our physical store which has been operating for some years. We mostly do "face to face" selling, though some orders are taken via the phone and email.

Now we're moving to online selling using Zen Cart. We understand that we'll need to upgrade our NAB merchant facility to an Internet merchant account.

We're in the process of organising a permanent IP address and Comodo SSL certificate for our web site. Thus our payment transactions will be secure, plus more trusted by customers.

Now we have to figure out how to handle the online processing of credit card payments.

The NAB offer a service whereby customers are taken to a NAB web site to enter the payment details, and then would be transferred back to our web site. We'd prefer a solution whereby the customer stays on our web site for the entire transaction.

Our understanding is that there are Zen Cart based solutions that will let us do this. However, we believe we'll need to use a third-party payment gateway/authorisation provider for that to happen. Plus that this provider will have to be acceptable to the National Australia Bank (NAB). Have we got this correct?

Would anyone know just what Zen Cart payment modules and payment gateway provider options will work for our Australian online shop? Which would you recommend, and why?

Your thoughts and opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
    Zen Cart 1.5.5e, PHP 5.3.29 MySQL 5.5.42

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

Hi Lloyd,

I've had to develop the NPIS (NAB gateway) for a customer and it is waiting certification from NAB. The integration has been painful and quite a few more tests are required prior to an official go-live.

I modified the direct banking payment module and manufactured a payment button to parse the information to the NPIS site. Successful completion, will redirect back to the checkout-confirmation page. In theory that's how it is supposed to work.

I'll let you know more if and when this works properly.

Regards,
    Aloysius
    OldSchool®
    www.oldschool.net.au

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I'd appreciate that.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I've now created the NAB payment gateway for ZC. It's fully tested and works!!

If you are interested in running your own tests, contact me and I'll send you the files.

Regards,
    Aloysius
    OldSchoolŪ
    www.oldschool.net.au

Plugin Contributions

Hi oldschool

Can I have it too please ?

Thanks
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

I wouldn't mind that either, if that's alright!

Plugin Contributions

G'day,

I've run this payment option successfully most of this year. Just recently we've been getting a spate of orders where the payment is made, but we don't get the order details.

I'm not sure if the problem is because of this payment option, user error, or something else in Zen Cart.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Is the module in the downloads section? Does anyone have the API docs?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

G'day,

I've packed up and added this National Australia Bank (NAB) payment gateway module to the downloads. See http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=708

Now I'm still running Zen Cart 1.3.5. No changes have been made to this Zen Cart install for many months. Yet over the last month or so we've been getting a number of incomplete orders. The credit card transaction goes through with the bank and we get paid, but we don't get any order in Zen Cart.

I guess it's possible that the bank has made a change to the gateway. But most orders still seem to work.

I guess it's possible our ISP has made some change to PHP/MySQL etc settings.

Or maybe we're just suddenly seeing some intermittent bug/problem in this older revision of Zen Cart.

I'm hoping someone can help us to identify what the problem is.

Plugin Contributions

G'day,

I just noticed that at some stage the ISP has upgraded us from PHP 4.4.4 to PHP 4.4.7. Could this have introduced some problem?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast