Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: National Australia Bank Internet Merchant Options

Brad, sounds like exactly what I have worked out.

I am waiting on a call back about what options NAB have for me. I am also looking at other banks, but at this point I cant find another bank really that has a module for zencart.

I dont want to have to pay another gateway money in order to use the NAB gateway. Looks like it might be the only option.

I will update you on what I hear from NAB. I might end up just getting basic CC merchant services and manually processing the CC transactions via a manual process be it phone IVR or local terminal

Plugin Contributions

I'm curious to know what you found out.

I too am trying to decide what's the best gateway option.

Plugin Contributions

We ended up using Eway as a payment gateway, purely because it suited our requirements better. It is just a matter of going through the gateway providers and making some calls to them to get the best deal that suits your requirements.

hope this helps

Plugin Contributions

Eway's pricing structure looked at bit steep. Did you every look at DirectOne? You can buy bulk transactions that bring the price down to around 25 cents per transaction (and no annual fees!)? I may end up going with them.

However, I would still like to know if NAB will let me use their gateway module. Do they still support it?

Plugin Contributions

We've been using the NAB Payment Gateway at www.scubadoctor.com.au for some time.

Last last year we started to get intermittent problems. Sometimes the payment would go through, but we'd get no order in Zen Cart. We've not bee able to fix it and simply soldiered on handling the problem when it occured.

However, the other day National Australia Bank made some changes to their gateway and now nothing works.

We'd appreciate any help from someone who understands Zen Cart payment gateways and can help us get the module working again.

Anyone else struch this problem and already resolved it?

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
    Zen Cart 1.5.5e, PHP 5.3.29 MySQL 5.5.42

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_borrett View Post
    We've been using the NAB Payment Gateway at www.scubadoctor.com.au for some time.

Last last year we started to get intermittent problems. Sometimes the payment would go through, but we'd get no order in Zen Cart. We've not bee able to fix it and simply soldiered on handling the problem when it occured.

However, the other day National Australia Bank made some changes to their gateway and now nothing works.

We are using NAB for our credit card payments and have had the problem you mention with payments going through but no order. Was a big problem until I worked out how to look up the shopping cart contents for the customer and fill the order that way - then it just became an irritant. We had this problem right from the start but not frequently enough to warrant looking into it.

However, since the upgrade from NSIPS to NAB Transact, we can no longer process payments larger than $1000 as something is putting in an extra comma in the thousands ie. orders of $999.99 and less go through fine, anything larger gets blocked as an invalid number. If we're lucky, the customer contacts us and we can do the transaction manually but as you all know, mostly the customer just goes away frustrated and doesnt tell you about it.

I am trying to chase my developer about it now since NAB technical support dont want to know but this is a problem. Anyone else see this? I havent got a clue coding wise so wouldnt know where to look to try and fix this.

cheers
    Leah Lane
    www.aussiesapphire.com.au

Plugin Contributions

G'day Leah,

We got the NAB Payment System going again last Saturday. It was passing the same order number every time and NAB no longer let that happen. So specifying a different number each time got us back in action.

I think you might be on the right track about the commas in the amount being passed to NAB. Can't say I've noticed if it's only been orders above this amount that have had the problem.

However, I've alway suspected it might be someting to do with invalid punctuation characters being passed through in names, amounts or whatever.

I'm not sure where code would need to change to remove them though. Might see if I can get the developer of the module to help us.

Zen Cart 1.5.5e, PHP 5.3.29 MySQL 5.5.42

Plugin Contributions

Hi Leah, I would be very interested to know how you access the shopping cart, for future reference. I work on www.scubadoctor.com.au site (the same site as Lloyd has mentioned)
    We are using NAB for our credit card payments and have had the problem you mention with payments going through but no order. Was a big problem until I worked out how to look up the shopping cart contents for the customer and fill the order that way - then it just became an irritant. We had this problem right from the start but not frequently enough to warrant looking into it
    We have not encountered the problem since the NAB changes have been in place,
    however it is early days yet and it would be good to have this access if it does recur.

Regards
    Eddie

Plugin Contributions

Hi All

We have had to get our IT man to redevelop the ANZ Egate plugin and he has passed it onto the original writer which is now posted into the downloads section.

So far so good it is working. We opted to deal direct with the bank instead of a third party provider (another mouth to feed).

You can see it in action here

http://shop.ozprodrivers.com.au/webshop/

Regards

Dave

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ozprodrivers View Post
    Hi All

We have had to get our IT man to redevelop the ANZ Egate plugin and he has passed it onto the original writer which is now posted into the downloads section.

So far so good it is working. We opted to deal direct with the bank instead of a third party provider (another mouth to feed).

You can see it in action here

http://shop.ozprodrivers.com.au/webshop/

Regards

Dave
    And now its here: http://www.ozprodrivers.com.au/shop

Good luck,

'The IT man'
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.

Check on www.WebExtremeCustomiser.com for my modules (free contribution):
    AJAX Image Swapper
    AJAX Banner Swapper
    Fixed Navigation

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast