Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Restricting coupons to a group of products

Thanks Dr. Byte, that works. Unfortunately, this still doesn't seem to help achieve my goal of offering coupons on an arbitrary set of products and updating via Easy Populate. That's because it appears that linked products are not supported by Easy Populate. (I may confirm that in the EP support thread).

In any case, I kind of like my solution which I added a few posts ago:
    However, I may have another approach that might work better for me. Optimally, these same products would also be the Featured Products. Unfortunately, Easy Populate doesn't support Featured Products and there doesn't seem to be a coupon restriction for Featured Products.

The solution requires treading in the land of MySQL, a place that I probably do not belong. After creating the coupon by normal means, I updated the zen_featured and zen_coupon_restrict tables to include the products. This seems to work, but I've only done a small amount of testing. Do you think that this will eventually be blown apart by landmines, or is this a workable solution?
    Does this seem viable?

Plugin Contributions

What I like using is the Multiple Categories Link Manager ...

When you hit the C for Copy, down near the bottom you will see the button to it ...

What this allows you to do is search via Category and Product to see the existing Category or Categories that a Product belongs to ...

One, is the Master Category ( master_categories_id ) ... which is designated by the Yellow icon vs the checkbox ...

Providing a Category has at least 1 Product in it ... it will show on this page ...

Now you can just check the boxes to link the Product to multiple Categories and hit Update ... then find your next Product to manage ...

It is a handy to use feature when trying to Link Products ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

That is convenient and reasonably quick, but still tedious for the volumes that I'll have to update. I'll often have to link 100-300 products and delink a like quantity. Also, missing any delinks could prove costly.

Plugin Contributions

I have linked products. I now want to delink a productbut cannot figure hpw to do it. I've moved it from CLEARANCE cat to the BEADS cat where it was linked to. So now I want to remove the link of it to the CLEARANCE cat. I've gone to the'C' and looked to see f I can undo what I did to link it but I can't take the radio button off the link ... option.

I'm sure it's something simple and I'm sure i'm gonna feel like a geek when someone tells me but ... such is life.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Read Ajeh's post above again.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

LOL, told ya I'd feel like a geek.

Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12