Plugin Contributions

Default Copy Protect images

To all you Zen Gods

Can anyone please tell me how I can make my images not downloadable to every one. I have soem custom made beading and want to make the images so that no one can copy them just by clicking on them.

Anyone that can help is great.

Thanks

David

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Copy Protect iages

Welcome to the way of the web. There is no way to actually stop someone from stealing your images. If they can view them, they can steal them. I get asked the same question on about every third Zen Cart system I install and even more so from standard website clients. I've tried every way known to protect images of intellectual copyright such as photos of specially designed products and NONE work.

In the past I have tried, disabling right click, loading a transparent image over the top so that the blank image is the image saved, loading images into a Flash player and various other procedures. None of them will stop a dertermined image thief from copying your images and in fact some of the options will actually deter your customers.

Your best bet is to watermark all of your images so that if they are stolen they can't be re-used. This won't however stop them from copying your designs or your ideas.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Copy Protect iages

As long as the Print Screen function key exists on a keyboard and other screen capture applications exist, as suggested, the only way that stands any chance of success is watermarking - but frankly, the watermark has to spoil the image so much to make it not worth the effort of "photoshopping" that it usually ruins the image to the eye.

Although this probably doesn't apply to you, by and large you can make sure that the thief can't get a decent print-out by ensuring your images are saved at 72dpi and correctly sized to the dimensions you intend to display them at.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart