Plugin Contributions

Default Continue Shopping - Link to a different page?

Can I change the "Continue Shopping" link in the cart to send the visitor to a different page from each item that was added to the cart?

I seem to always have these odd problems. I will try to add as much detail as I can for this one.

I have a cart where the items for sale are also shown outside the cart. Each item has an "Add to Cart" link that instead links to the page within the cart to add that item. I originally intended to make that link a direct "Add to Cart" link, but it was agreed that it was too much work to do this from outside the cart.

When the user adds that item and hits the "Continue Shopping" link, it takes them to the main cart page. The cart owner would like it to take them back to the page that sent them to the cart in the first place. I know how to do this outside of the cart system, but from my experience, mixing outside referral cookies with cart session cookies just doesn't work out. I think I already know the answer to this question, but I'm hoping I'm wrong and someone has a way to do this....

Failing an answer to this, if someone knows where the "Continue Shopping" link is on which page in the hundreds of possible places I can look, I'd appreciate a heads up on where to look. I know I can find it, but I'm trying to save some time searching.

Thanks.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Continue Shopping - Link to a different page?

OK, it seems I keep answering my own questions.......
    The template for this is in:
    YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/templates/YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php

Around line 132...

I haven't added the code to try to get back to the individaul page yet, but that's where I will have to do it.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

How are you going to make the button smart so it knows what the last product added to the cart was? Oh- btw- if you were using the stock (built-in) product information pages it would be doing this automatically.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

The cart owner does not like the stock product information page or the main cart page for some reason. She prefers her own home page and individual pages. I have tried.....
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

Where you able to get this to work? I looked in the tpl_shopping_cart_default.php file, but I wasn't exactly sure where to specify the URL to direct it to.