Plugin Contributions

Default is Available Date automatically deleted or reset?

Hi,

For my new products module/page, I have edited the code to select and sort by Available Date instead of Date Added. (this is because i add presell products months ahead of release dates to sell them, but I only want live products to show up in the new products section). This works fine, but I've noticed that the Available Date seems to be reset or deleted sometime after the product goes live? Can someone tell me if and when and where it happens? and can i disable it safely?

One other change i've made is to the admin/includes/modules/update_product.php page. When updating a product, the available date is set to null if it's previous to today's date...i removed that so if i'm updating a product that has just become available recently, the available date is still set.

i've tried to do a search on the forums, but the term "available" is blocked and so i apologize in advance if this question is already answered, but I can't find it in the forums!

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: is Available Date automatically deleted or reset?

Hi,

I have found the code that resets the Available Date. Posting here in case anyone else is doing the same thing I am.

In admin/products_expected, right at the top, there is code that runs an update to set products_date_available = NULL for products older than today.

I've commented it out and it has fixed my problem.