Plugin Contributions

Default Using $messagestack with zen_redirect

I'm developing a new ot module. I want to make a conditional installation: if another (specific) ot module is installed (plus other conditions) then stop installation and send out a warning with explanations on what's happening and what to do.

I wrote the code to detect if the other module is installed (and the other conditions) but now I need help to print out the warning.

Since I don't want to modify admin/modules.php I was looking for a way to redirect to main page of modules in admin, passing a variable to be included like $messageStack. The redirecting process is done and is working what is missing is the warning step.

Is it possible?

Is there a way to redirect to pages (in admin) bringing messages? (not creating the message with $messageStack->add(.....) beacuse I would not to modify core files).

Thanks!
    Paolo De Dionigi
    Co-maintainer of Zen Cart Italia

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using $messagestack with zen_redirect

Actually I bypassed the problem with a complete description of the module, appearing in the right box when you click on the module itself, so if you try to install and the conditions are not respected, you are redirected to the same page, without messages, but at least there's everything written in the description.
    Paolo De Dionigi
    Co-maintainer of Zen Cart Italia