Plugin Contributions

Default New Customer Discount Coupon....

Hi there,

I want to make a coupon to give newly signed up customers a 10% discount on their first order (excluding P&P, which I worked out how to do). I first tried doing this on the New Signup Voucher Amount, under the GV Coupons tab...putting 10% in which showed as 10% in admin, but when I created an account to test it, I was sent a coupon for £10 off which is not what I wanted.

Next I tried creating a coupon under the Gift Certificate/Coupons tab, which seemed to work fine until it came to sending it to my test account, as there isn't and option (that I can see) to send the coupon to a specific customers...only all customers or other variations.

Can anyone tell me what the best option for creating a coupon such as this?
    I am hoping this will help get me my first sale as I have had plenty of people looking but no sign-ups as yet... Perhaps they just need a little extra incentive...

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Customer Discount Coupon....

Oops...I have just found the answer on another thread.

Incase anyone else was having the same problem, you need to create the coupon you want using the Gift Certificate/Coupon tab. Then go to GV Coupon on the Configuration tab and on New SignupDiscount Coupon ID# select the coupon you have just made.

Obvious once you know how, but I guess we all have to go through the learning process...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Customer Discount Coupon....

There is a '1st Discount Coupon' field on the 'Customers' summary page, but it doesn't appear to do anything. Some of my customers have used the coupon (which has been properly set up according to this thread) but the field remains blank.

Looking at the individual customer edit page I see that 'Customer Referral / 1st Discount Coupon' have a single field. What is this for?

I would like to find a way to extract a list of customers who haven't used their 1st discount coupon and send them a reminder. Any ideas how to do this?

------------

Sorry - I meant to post this to another thread : http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...iscount+coupon
    Last edited by paul3648; 3 Jun 2007 at 04:51 AM. Reason: wrong thread