Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZenCart 1.2.5. or 1.3.6.???

zen cart works well with 4.3.10
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

That means it wouldn't be an excuse to say theycan't install 1.3.6 because of older PHP Version, just to be sure. I wrote a mail and let's see what they say...
    I will write again if I get in trouble and ask for advice here.

Thanks

Kruna

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kruna
    Well, the server's version is php 4.3.10, I don't know whether this is old or the latest one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    zen cart works well with 4.3.10

Hm, then maybe the host is just clueless!

Personally I'm SOL, I've got PHP 4.1.2, and so far none of the latest software upgrades I've wanted to have will run on it. Zen's and WordPress's installers outright refuse to install on it, and the message board I use on another site says their latest won't work either.

I'd upgrade it all within days if it wasn't for that checkout issue that I mentioned in my previous post (when I upgraded the PHP). But due to that issue I'll definitely wait until the holiday shopping season ends!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Hm, then maybe the host is just clueless!

Personally I'm SOL, I've got PHP 4.1.2, and so far none of the latest software upgrades I've wanted to have will run on it. Zen's and WordPress's installers outright refuse to install on it, and the message board I use on another site says their latest won't work either.

I'd upgrade it all within days if it wasn't for that checkout issue that I mentioned in my previous post (when I upgraded the PHP). But due to that issue I'll definitely wait until the holiday shopping season ends!
    The answer is obvious, get a new host. It's not worth all this effort.
    Frank Koehl
    "Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult"

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,

I got an answer from the host telling taht 1.2.5 is not that inferior as I wrote them (I said that I felt like getting Windows95 instead of getting WindowsXP), that i barely will find an improvement, between the two versions, beacuse they have installed a lot of modules and funcionalities, which doesn't have the new version.

I I wisj, they are going to install 1.3.6, BUT I will lose everything I did so far, I would need to start from the begining again with entering all the products..etc.

I wanted to go 'online' by 1.12, I won't have the time do start over again...

So what shall I do?????

Please need advice.

Thanks,
    Kruna

Plugin Contributions

Ask them just what add-ons have they installed?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I got just the answer that they install 1.2.5, because they believe that 1.2.5 is the best version for this moment.

What now???

I am totally confused, maybe they use 1.2.5, but have installed security patches, etc, so that I am on the safe side...

Maybe 1.2.5 meets my requirements or not?

thanks for help,

Kruna

Plugin Contributions

Maybe you will listen to another input.
    LOSE THE HOST!
    Click on hosting at the top of the page and pick one. You will never win the battle much less the war where you are now.

Plugin Contributions

Maybe I should change the host, but actually I would like to solve the issue with them, as I have already paid the company for one year, which just started one month ago. If I would lose this money, wouldn't be so bad, but I also contracted them for making the design and this cost much more money...which I wouldn't like to lose.
    Until now they made a good impression, the prices were ok, I guess and the service was not that bad, taking into account the circumstances.

I mailed one more time today, complaining about all this and let's see what they have to say...

Hopefully I got this resolved, because I finally want to dedicate my time in putting the products to start selling and not fighting around and get nothing done. It's one month ago I started and still not much happened.

Kruna

Plugin Contributions

As a wise man once said, "When you find yourself at the bottom of a hole, stop digging!"

I believe you have enough supporting evidence to demand a refund. If you paid by credit card or PayPal, dispute it.

You will only have to spend more and more time and money to get out of the hole. Don't just consider the money spent but also figure what your time is worth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast