Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales Tax + Sales Tax:

Well,
    That was a marathon for a first-time upgrader. (including installing and configuring the software stack locally) In the end, rather than using a fileset of the changes for 1.3.6 applied to my site, we've gone for a clean 1.3.6, with our changes added to that. The main problem for me was the hangover of 1.3.0.2 and 1.3.5 changes, so that it was hard even to see if relevant changes had been made to features of templates we are still using... We didn't collect all 1.3.5 changes in templates, because, well they were overrides, our templates. Of course, there might be a need to pick up template changes, and it's hard to see what's what if you are a couple of versions out. Basically that means you have to maintain your templates at each upgrade...

Anyway, early testing is that the site is still running, which is good. Picked up a few bloopers, but it's settling.

First off, I commented out the code as posted here before, which adds the zone into the session. Well, without that I still have ex-tax prices displayed in the fresh-account session. Thankfully, commenting it back in gets it working again.

I'm going to check discounts (I'm using the modified ot_coupon as per another thread) and the problem with gift voucher balances, and I'll pop back in.
    bikemike
    'If language is not used correctly, what is said is not what is meant. If what is said is not what is meant, what ought to be done remains undone' Kǒng fū zǐ

Plugin Contributions

OK, so I have upgraded and I still have the GV problem.

I have two GV's, and my store is adding and showing tax. With tax at 12.5%, the $10 product is 8.8889 and the $50 product is 44.4444

I had seen this a problem with multiple lines, but it seems to be more value / rounding based.
    e.g.
    buy 1 x 10 value 10 - account credited 10
    buy 4 x 10 value 40 - account credited 40
    buy 5 x 10 value 50 - account credited 50
    buy 10x10 value 100 - account credited 100.0001

buy 1 x 50 account credited 49.9999
    buy 2 x 100 value 100 - account credited 99.9999

If I switch to 8.8888 for the $10 voucher, I get 99.9990 for 10 X 10 vouchers for example.

The figures are the same regardless of whether I sue the standard ot_cuoupon of my edited version.

Any ideas? I need the sum applied to the account to be a whole multiple of the value of items purchsased.
    ta
    bikemike
    'If language is not used correctly, what is said is not what is meant. If what is said is not what is meant, what ought to be done remains undone' Kǒng fū zǐ

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I fixed this, for my setup anyway. (We add tax and display with tax, and credit including tax is true for Gift Certificates)

In zen cart 1.3.6 \includes\modules\order_total\ot_gv.php

function update_credit_account is changed thus:
    PHP Code:
     function update_credit_account($i) {
        global 
    $db$order$insert_id;
        if (
    ereg('^GIFT'addslashes($order->products[$i]['model']))) {

$gv_order_amount = ($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty']);

// bikemike: round helps us keep to multiples of gv face value :-)  as per ot_coupon
          // if ($this->credit_tax=='true') $gv_order_amount = $gv_order_amount * (100 + $order->products[$i]['tax']) / 100;

if ($this->credit_tax=='true'$gv_order_amount round($gv_order_amount * (100 $order->products[$i]['tax']) / 100,2);

// bikemike: end

$gv_order_amount $gv_order_amount 100 100;
          if (
    MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_QUEUE == 'false') {

// GV_QUEUE is false so release amount to account immediately

$gv_result $this->user_has_gv_account($_SESSION['customer_id']);

$customer_gv false;

$total_gv_amount 0;
            if (
    $gv_result) {

$total_gv_amount $gv_result;

$customer_gv true;
            }

$total_gv_amount $total_gv_amount $gv_order_amount;
            if (
    $customer_gv) {

$db->Execute("update " TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER " set amount = '" $total_gv_amount "' where customer_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['customer_id'] . "'");
            } else {

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER " (customer_id, amount) values ('" . (int)$_SESSION['customer_id'] . "', '" $total_gv_amount "')");
            }
          } else {

// GV_QUEUE is true - so queue the gv for release by store owner

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_COUPON_GV_QUEUE " (customer_id, order_id, amount, date_created, ipaddr) values ('" . (int)$_SESSION['customer_id'] . "', '" . (int)$insert_id "', '" $gv_order_amount "', NOW(), '" $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] . "')");
          }
        }
      } 
    I hope this helps someone, as I went through an upgrade to find it was still not working :-(

cheers
    Last edited by bikemike; 23 Nov 2006 at 05:56 AM.
    bikemike

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh

I am also new to Zen carts and am busy with my first store. I have 1.3.6 and am having the same issue as above. Do I undertand you correctly, was this tax on tax actually been fixed and I am doing something wrong or is there still an issue. I have 20 zones setup up with 19% tax and in my admin it add 20 * the TAX to my base price although in my store hte prices are correct.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

If you mean when adding/editing a Product and the Net vs Gross ... then no, that is still behaving by taking all the taxes and combining them ...

For now, don't look at it ... a little white out on the monitor goes a long way ...

We will be working on this in a future release ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Note: when adding/editing Products the:
    Products Price (Gross):

will appear oddly as you have 3 taxes for 3 zones so this will add 21% ... this is something we are aware of and will be working on during the update of the Admin ... this is just a reference ... the real Product Price will be used in the Catalog ...
    Ajeh...this is good to hear.
    I was about to upload a bomb to my installation folder
    Was strougling hours & days on this issue

Good to hear...Happy Christmas days to the ZC Team!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123