Plugin Contributions

Default Additional pages

I know this question gets asked a lot but I still don't seem to understand the best way to deal with this issue.

I have about ten additional pages to add to the site and want to be able to control the filenames of them.

keywordexample.php etc

Each page needs to have the side boxes that I have throughout the site.

I have tried to do this everal ways but run into a different problem each way that I do it.

I don't need to have access to these pages to edit the content from the admin panel. Going back and editing the actual PHP page down the road is not a problem.

But I also would really like to have these pages as part of the site map that Zen-Cart generates.

If I make a php page that uses the index.php as the main structure of the page and then rename it I run into two problems:

(1) There is an error message: This is the main define statement for the page for english when no template defined file exists. It is located in: /includes/languages/english/index.php -->

(2) My categories in the sidebox on the left aren't coming from the database. When I add a new category it doesn't appear on this new PHP page. (I understand WHY this happens.)

................................................................................ ............

I've tried lots of things and keep running into roadblocks. Can anyone help me to understand this?

I have also tried using EZpages and also doing the about_us contribution.

But is there not a way to make my original plan work?
    Last edited by ginginca; 13 Nov 2006 at 04:37 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Additional pages

If memory serves me correctly, the about us contrib allows customized naming of pages (e.g. about_us.php) and you can simply point to it using the internal link field within EZ pages. That will place it within your sidebox on all pages. You should then be able to have it appear in your site map by adding them....see, for example, the thread at the page here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...+pages+sitemap