Plugin Contributions

Default Easy Populate Installation

Hello all,

I'm taking every section step by step, and have now wanted to try using easy populate as I have around 2.5k items to list.

I have downloaded it from:

http://modhole.com/modhole/index.php..._Document_id=2

It is a zip file so I extracted it all to desk top, then I went and followed instructions on uploading them to my file manager. This is where I have uploaded them to:

includes/languages/english/classic:

And the following files have been uploaded:

Attributes.txt
    Category.txt
    Froogle.txt
    Full.txt
    PriceQty.txt
    easypopulate.php
    easypopulate.filenames.php
    easypopulate.functions.php
    easypopulate.tools.php

Firstly, is that where I should be uploading them to? The instructions only states "Upload all files in their respective directories." and since I am still new to all this, I am not sure if I have done this correctly.

I tried going to my admin > tools but there was no "Easy Populate" option. Nor was it in the "Config" options (as some other people had posted having a problem once uploaded). I have tried looking around the forums, both here and at mudhole, and I cannot post on the mudhole forums, since they require you to create an account, and currently, theres errors trying to create one.

ANY help would be appreciated as I am more than willing to learn and accept any advice given. All help given to me so far has been excellent, and I would like to thank the community.

K.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate Installation

If this is the "free version" v1.2.5.4 when extracted there are several folders starting with "admin" and then boxes - extra_datafiles - functions - languages - etc

these are the locations for these files, with a well constructed mod as this one all that is required is to FTP the complete folder to your site and it will replicate the structure contained inside the distribution.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hey there,

I am only able to upload single files and not the whole folder and did exactly as you say, making sure everything was placed in thier correct folders and creating new folders so that the same layout of the download was matched.

I even tried creating a whole new folder in my site's file manager named "Populate" and created folders within for all the .php files inside aswell.

Once this was all done, the option in admin>tools>easypopulate was still not shown as an option, the basic 14 are still there.

I can only assume I am not "installing" this correctly. But I've tried both methods and wold have thought 1 of them would have worked. Or is there something that I am doing completely wrong?

Thank you for your advice and suggestion so far...but I am still a newbie at this. :)

K.

Plugin Contributions

I am only able to upload single files and not the whole folder and did exactly as you say, making sure everything was placed in thier correct folders and creating new folders so that the same layout of the download was matched.
    If you have done this correctly there is not a need nor a requirement for the "populate" folder as ZenCart does not look there.

There is a mysql insertion file that is part of this module. Did you run this also? It needs to be run to be recognized.

This can be done from your admin > tools > install SQL Patches > paste the complete file or upload from your local.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hey there,

Thanks for that, I will give it a shot but before I do, which file do I upload when going to admin > tools > install SQL patch, and is there anything I need to type in for the large blank space:

-" Enter the query to be executed:

Be sure toend with ;" -

Thanks for the replies, I am currently *manually* typing out the first 100 products I have...it can be very stressful.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by langer's instructions
    ** If for some reason the config install fails, you can upload the SQL file provided using Admin -> Tools -> Install SQL Patches
    With the module files there is a "install_sql" file and it is the contents of this file that goes in the "big box".

I assume that the config install failed as your post states that :
    I tried going to my admin > tools but there was no "Easy Populate" option.
    and if it had been successful, it should be there.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten