Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problem upgrading from 1.3.0.2 to 1.3.6

I want to first test 1.3.6 before going live -- so I created a new directory and uploaded the 1.3.6 files, properly CMOD'd the directories, made a copy of my dtatbase with the same user, and modified the two configure.php files for the new database names and the new directory.

When I go to the new directory expecting a upgrade to happen -- I get an error on line 19 of /includes/init_includes/init_database.php

When I try to go to the zc_install I get a zen_cart screen -- but no options.

What am I doing wrong -- and what can I do to use the copy of the current database?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem upgrading from 1.3.0.2 to 1.3.6

anyone have a suggestion?

Plugin Contributions

Line 19 says:
    Code:
      $db = new queryFactory();
    sure could use some help

Plugin Contributions

Pulling my fraking hair out here

I've triple verified every line on in both of the configs to have the right directories and database information. Actually wasn't rocket science since I copied the configs from the live store and only needed to change the database to the new database name (that has the same user), and the directory the new store is in.

The database is an exact copy of my live store with a different name. But for kicks I've checked it and repaired it.

I have FTP'd the files with overwrites four times using the Zencart recommended FTP application of Filezilla

I've read Section 3 TESTING so many times that I can recite it.

However, when I go to /catalog/zc_install/index.php I get your pretty little screen and ZenCart Installer -- but no options.

I have 16 hours into trying to install this -- can anyone roll me a bone and advise me to do something? I've installed 50+ of these types of applications (vbulletin, phpBB, photopost albums and classifieds, a half dozen portals, link applications, SMF, ............) without ever having a problem, and am not your average dumbass trying install this -- but I give up as if no one can help I'm screwed.

Plugin Contributions

You did of course backup the site and database before doing anything ...

And then you went through all of the steps to get ready to attempt the upgrade of your database using a test database and test directory not missing any of these steps ... and feel free to toss in additional safeties you may have forgotten ... or I may have left out in posting this ...

1 make a new database

2 make a new username and password

3 attach the new username and password to the database

4 make a new directory

5 load the new Zen Cart v1.3.6 into the new directory

6 load copies of your
    /includes/configure.php
    /admin/includes/configure.php

7 edit the files to reflect the new path and new database, username and password

8 you did check to see that your database name, username and password did not exceed any limits on your server

9 you did check if you were using prefixes on your database table names and set them the same ...

10 you did try to delete the whole new directory before making repeated attempts to upload files that might be bad incase of permission issues allowing you to overwrite bad, corrupt or missing files

11 backup the database for the old site and load into the new database before attempting to upgrade
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You did of course backup the site and database before doing anything ...

And then you went through all of the steps to get ready to attempt the upgrade of your database using a test database and test directory not missing any of these steps ... and feel free to toss in additional safeties you may have forgotten ... or I may have left out in posting this ...

1 make a new database

2 make a new username and password

3 attach the new username and password to the database

4 make a new directory

5 load the new Zen Cart v1.3.6 into the new directory

6 load copies of your
    /includes/configure.php
    /admin/includes/configure.php

7 edit the files to reflect the new path and new database, username and password

8 you did check to see that your database name, username and password did not exceed any limits on your server

9 you did check if you were using prefixes on your database table names and set them the same ...

10 you did try to delete the whole new directory before making repeated attempts to upload files that might be bad incase of permission issues allowing you to overwrite bad, corrupt or missing files

11 backup the database for the old site and load into the new database before attempting to upgrade

I have a CRON job back up the database each night

What I wanted to do was to start with a clean new store that used an exact copy of my live data, and I was going to redesign the whole shebang (while my old store stayed live) -- then once I was sure I was good to go with the new store -- I was going to again make a copy of the database (to catch the changes in the couple of days I took to redesign the store with a clean sheet of paper) of the 1.3.0.2 store and upgrade it in the directory of the 1.3.6 store I redid -- and then make that store the live store.

so in answer to your questions:

1. Yes -- same database name with 136 appended to the name (IE: if the live store database was mystore the new database would be mystore136)
    2. No -- In cPanel, I I assigned the same user/password to the new databse. My understanding is that the same user can maintain multiple databases
    3. Yes/No -- Attached the old user/password to the new database in Cpanel
    4. Yes -- the live store is estore and the new directory was catalog
    5. Yes -- many times to make sure a file didn't get lost in the sauce
    6. Yes
    7. Yes -- check every line of both configs of two different days
    8. The database name is 10 characters long
    9. Yes -- hosting prefixes are correct. I have 30 sites and maybe 40 databases -- so I'm pretty familiar with this
    10. Doing that now
    11. Yes

Furthermore -- I renamed both of the configure.php files, rename both the dist-configure.php to just configure.php and tried a new install -- and got the same install screen without any options to install or upgrade.

I have now deleted the entire /catalog/ directory and have created a new directory called /speedshop/ (we're a racecar shop) and I'm in the process of uploading the whole encilada up to that directory to try again tomorrow.
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 16 Nov 2006 at 02:19 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Does the Install screen use Popups or something?

I have McAfee (PITA) that I (think I) disabled thinking it might be screwing me (lots of wierd stuff happens with the McAfee suite) -- but that didn't help. Just wondering if this has ever come up?

Plugin Contributions

OK -- I started looking at my network and found that I was dropping 13% of my packets across the T1 to my server. The files I was trying to FTP wer worthless. Got ISP to finally fix that (two days) and then started all over again fresh with my install.

The upgrade appeared to go well -- but I get an error message in my new store, which is http://www.diamondbackengines.com/speedshop/

Code:
    Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/diamondb/public_html/speedshop/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 119

I'm sure this is just a minor issue -- but a cursorary search here hasn't found anything yet. On the outside chance someone knows what this is, and can save me a few hours of figuring it out -- your help would be appreciated.

Thanx

Plugin Contributions

Check that this file is actually on the server:
    /speedshop/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php

Might delete it and reload it ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

the page was there and I deleted and uploaded again -- but no help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast