Plugin Contributions

Default please help me better understand the template override system I've been making tons o

Hello.
    I am new to this so bear with me.
    I made my "custom" folder and set it as my template in admin etc...
    I also made a few matching "custom" folders in a few places where I saw a classic folders.

So then I went in and made a bunch of changes through my admin. Now I'm wondering if I am altering the .php files in "template_default" or am I altering the ones in my "custom" template????

So then let's assume that I'm altering the ones in template_default and so I am aware that I need to copy those files to my 'custom' folder however how do I know where those .php files reside?

For example I just changed one of my email settings for new customers through ADMIN. So assuming that I just altered the .php file in template_default, how do I know where to go to find that file in order to copy it?

Do I even need to?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: please help me better understand the template override system I've been making to

With the exception of the Defined pages, any alterations that you make through the Admin are Database settings, not file changes.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: please help me better understand the template override system I've been making to

That of course assuming you did not add any third party tools or contribs. :)

Cheers.