Plugin Contributions

help question Session Directory value

Good morning all ... I'm a newbie here, and want to says thanks in advance for all the help I'm going to need. ZC is a wonderful app, almost too good to be true. I have little to no experience in much of this, I'm a mainframe COBOL by trade (yup, a dinosaur!), so pleae bear with me.

I'm in process of upgrading a site from 1.2.4 to 1.3.7, by duplicating the 1.2.4 site on my localhost and and I've finished the 11 steps in "How do I upgrade my site?". It all llooks like it's working, so I think I'm ready to start the customization of the 1.3.7 version.

But in reviewing the values in Admin --> configuration --> sessions I'm finding the Session Directory still has the path pointing to the cache on the 1&1 site. I've checked the configure.php files and there's no reference to that path, everything points to localhost. It looks like I could edit the value & change it to the local host path, but would like to clarify this before I continue. And this may not even be a factor, since the config says use the database for the cache. But I'd like to get input from "wiser heads".

So if anyone has any advice to share, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
    inovermyhead

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Session Directory value

Here's hoping that this article on switching servers may help you narrow down the problem:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Switch_Servers

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Session Directory value

Many thanks, Dr. Byte ... I did as the article suggested and now the Session Directory value is synch'd, it has what I had expected in the first place, and I will keep this in mind for when the 1.3.7 version is moved to the host site.

Hope I don't have to be a bother with more questions, but I foresee a whole bunch of issues to work through.

Thanks, again ...
    inovermyhead