Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Infor

No time like the present to learn how to do an upgrade.
    Fantastico is fine for new installs, but that's about all.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Infor

apparently i do not have a zc install file, i am going to try and figure out how to upload one I guess fantastico does all that automatically, if I have one I cannot find it so I am trying to find that now.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You'll have to download the Zen Cart files from this site.
    Click the Home link at the top of the page ...

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

i downloaded zen from the site and upload the zc_install folder to my server, but it won't execute, so I kind of know what i need to do just don't know how.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In your browser, go to http://your_domain.com/zc_install/index.php ... or whatever the correct path to it is.

Plugin Contributions

I think I got it, finally, thanks for your patience.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I got it done and have ONE problem. if you view the site at www.wildwillysposters.com, there is a yellow bar appearing with the letters ggg in it. I can view source and see it and am trying to find out how to remove it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That looks like an EZ-Page ?

Plugin Contributions

I figured out the ggg problem, somehow it configured an ez page that was non-existent but I fixed it. You are right, I am glad I went through the upgrade. Fantastico does not teach anything, does everything so I needed to do this, thanks again for all your help.

Plugin Contributions

Hello All,

I just made a big mistake & upgraded my ZC 1.3.8 to the latest version through FANTISTICO.

It did a less than FANTASTICO job on my site though.
    I followed all posts referring to correcting this that I could find & when I added the zc_install folder n went through everything I got this message on the Database Upgrade.

--------

1253 COLLATION 'latin1_general_ci' is not valid for CHARACTER SET 'utf8'
    in:
    [CREATE TABLE zen_counter_history_clean as SELECT * FROM zen_counter_history WHERE 1 GROUP BY startdate COLLATE latin1_general_ci;]

What did I do wrong?
    Could this be due to the renaming of the Admin Dir as mentioned to do in other posts?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    Stephen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast