Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default salemaker and attributes

Hi! I found that salemaker will not work with priced by attributes. Is there anyway I can work around this problem? For example, I have a laptop for sale, which has three memory size options: 256mb, 512mb and 1gb. I want to put it on sale for 25% off. The current salemaker will not let me do it. Any idea to work around it? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: salemaker and attributes

Did you try using:
    Deduction: 10.0000 Percent
    Pricerange: $0.00 to $0.00
    Specials Condition: Apply SaleDeduction to Specials Price - Otherwise Apply to Price
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Did you try using:
    Yes, I did. But it didn't work out. The sales price still doesn't show in shopping carts.

Plugin Contributions

Have you an URL to your site?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Have you an URL to your site?
    Sure, I do. www.bridgecampus.com

Plugin Contributions

Since I could not make it work, I have chosen 'priced by attributes' to be 'no' for all products already. I can change it if needed. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Your site is really broken as heck in FireFox ...

Might be awhile as I go through all of your products to guess what is or isn't on sale and what has or hasn't attributes and which are or are not priced by attribute ...

Think perhaps you could save me a few hours and give me a hint here?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Your site is really broken as heck in FireFox ...

Might be awhile as I go through all of your products to guess what is or isn't on sale and what has or hasn't attributes and which are or are not priced by attribute ...

Think perhaps you could save me a few hours and give me a hint here?
    Oh, yeah! I never looked at it in firefox. I always use IE6. I just used the default template. You have an idea how I can make it OK?

All my laptops are on sale. Among them, Dell xps is special as well. I chose to ignore special prices. Everything now are not priced by attributes. Compaq V2403 has attributes.

Plugin Contributions

Price by Attribute is designed for Products where the display price of the Product cannot be calculated without using the Attributes ...

In your case, you have a Product Price of 650.00 ... then 3 attributes ...

1GB (+$30.00)
    256MB
    512MB (+$70.00)

Those Attributes do not make the Product Price ... they are options to it ...

You really do not have a need for Price by Attributes as this Product is not Priced by Attribute it is a Product with optional Attributes that if added might affect the price ...

As to your FireFox issue I am not sure ... perhaps you could post that issue on the design forum and someone could help you with it ... I just know you are broke ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Price by Attribute is designed for Products where the display price of the Product cannot be calculated without using the Attributes ...

In your case, you have a Product Price of 650.00 ... then 3 attributes ...

1GB (+$30.00)
    256MB
    512MB (+$70.00)

Those Attributes do not make the Product Price ... they are options to it ...

You really do not have a need for Price by Attributes as this Product is not Priced by Attribute it is a Product with optional Attributes that if added might affect the price ...

As to your FireFox issue I am not sure ... perhaps you could post that issue on the design forum and someone could help you with it ... I just know you are broke ...

So, where can I find the 'Product with optional attributes'? I cannot find it. As far as the priced by attributes I am using, I am totally confused. I know I might not need to use it right now, but just in case I'll need it later, what do you mean by 'product price calculated by attributes'? Could you make up an example? Also, I am confused about the this

1GB (+$30.00)
    256MB
    512MB (+$70.00)

What I set up in attributes are 1GB +$200 and 512MB +$100. Why it became +$30 and +$70? What's more confusing is that after I made the attributes and check the price with 1GB attributes, it did show base price +$200. Why it changed even though I didn't touch a thing after that.

Sorry for so much questions. But please help! Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast