Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Layaway Payment Module Support Thread

Hello everyone!

I have just uploaded v1.0 of my Layaway payment mod to the downloads section, hopefully it will be available soon It's nothing fancy, just a nice little way to add a layaway option :)

This is my first mod and there are bound to be bugs, so please test it first, and post here if you find any bugs or have any questions.

Thanks!!!
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Layaway Payment Module Support Thread

Feel free to PM if you want it now ;)
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

How are you managing the security of the credit card information on that?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ummm...yeah...lol...I woke up this morning and realized why I shouldn't decide I'm finished a project when it's late at night. That is a major flaw of this mod right now, the entire credit card number, expiry, and cvv is e-mailed. Not a good idea. I am going to try and make it work like the credit card mod so that it stores the first and last 4 digits of the credit card in the database and e-mails the rest. Just need to figure out how to do that ;) In the meantime, I wouldn't suggest using the mod...
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Thought perhaps a rethink in the light of day might help here ...

Thanks!
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Greetings.
    Thank you for starting this mod.
    I installed it and edited the files so my clients are only able to use paypal.
    One thing I noticed was that if a customer uses this option it will still go thru even if he or she leaves the paypal account field blank, I'll see what I can do about that.
    I went into my paypal account and found that one is able to bill people by using the request money option in the paypal website, is there any way we could let the mod itself ask for this?
    and if possible, then the rest would be a little less complicated, like getting zencart to divide the total amount into payments, then letting the script itself bill the costumer, through paypal, when requested by admin. Even somekind of calendar reminder of upcoming billings to customers, and the list goes on.
    I think the possibilities are tremendous with this mod.
    I'm not a programmer, but I'll see what I can do so a real programmer can take over or give ideas. I'll be home all day....let's see what I can do.
    May God Bless you all and once again thank you for making this module.

R.

Plugin Contributions

Will this also work for items that a customer puts a down payment on and they pay the rest when the item is delivered?

Also is it v1.37 complaint?

thank you,

betty

Plugin Contributions

Also is it v1.37 complaint?
    just installed it and YES it works.

- 1 Problem though, If you select Layaway, but skip entering payment info, the order goes through with no information.....

Plugin Contributions

Any new updates for this module? has anyone figured out how to store the credit card info on the server?

Corbett

Plugin Contributions

ok. i have worked on this module a little bit. I have updated the code to write the outer digits to the database, the name and cvv number and the expiration date. It will then email you the middle digits of the credit card. This is the same as the CC module we already have that does this. I just swiped the code from the module.

This is my first attempt at updating some php code, so it might have issues. I have tested it a lot on my server and it seems to work fine. If anyone is interested in trying it, then PM me and I will send the modified file. I do not want to update the download version until I get this tested by others.

This module still needs work. I think the credit card interface should look the same as the others and it also needs to verify that there is info in the boxes. I will be looking into this, but if anyone else can do, please feel free.

Corbett

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast