Plugin Contributions

Default [NOT A BUG] Additonal Images

Not sure if you guys would classify this as a bug or not.. but I don't think ZC should work this way regarding additonal images

Lets say I have 2 products in my store. One's image is dev_supercard.jpg while the other's is dev_supercard_lite.jpg

For the product that uses dev_supercard.jpg, an additional image is shown at the bottom (dev_supercard_lite.jpg) even though it is associated with another product

Right now its not showing up on my site because of imagehandler, but when I remove imagehandler you can see what I'm talking about. If one of the devs would like to look at it feel free to let me know and I'll temporarily get uninstall image handler so you can see what I'm talking about :)

I think that there should be a check.. if the image is associated with another product -- don't display it on any page except for that products :)

EDIT: using 1.3.6, HOWEVER the template I am using is classic 1.3.0.2.. so I'm not sure if its related to template or not (shouldn't be, but you never know)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Additonal Images

This is not a bug, the system is supposed to work this way. Try renaming your images differently. If you have image.jpg and you have image_1.jpg, image_2.jpg, image_3.jpg, the image.jpg will show as the main product image, while the other 3 will appear on the same product as additional images.

Have fun!
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

i know about the image prefix system :) i was just saying that personally speaking that it shouldn't use another product's image as an additional image, but after sleeping on it and reading your advice regarding renaming it, i agree that its the best way to conquer it

Plugin Contributions

You can always turn off the Additional Images feature and design something more to your tastes ...

For ease of use and quick method to add additional images and manage the medium, large and large additional images Zen Cart uses the basename method for all images ...

Hence not a bug but by design ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

<ôÔ> Guest

Default Re: [NOT A BUG] Additonal Images

Isn't there any workaround? I have the same problem. Many of the products images have the same basename, f.e. fred2345.jpg, fred23451.jpg, fred2345a .jpg ... I can't rename the image filenames, coz there are more then 13.000 products in my shop. Also i dont want to turn additional pictures off, because i would like to use them for some of my products.
    btw: Maybe it would be smart to add an option for additional images prefix in future ZenCart releases. Setting that to f.e. '_' would solve my problem.
    Any idea anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [NOT A BUG] Additonal Images

Using the directory:
    /images

will allow images to that have or not have the underscore separator in the filename, to indicate images that are additional images ...
    fred.jpg
    owns: fred123.jpg fredabc.jpg
    or owns: fred_123.jpg fred_abc.jpg

Using a subdirectory:
    /images/something

require the use of the underscore separator in the filename, to indicate images that are additional images ...
    fred.jpg
    owns: fred_123.jpg fred_abc.jpg
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!