Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Adwords Conversion Tracking code help.

I read through this thread with great interest. I just got Google Adwords and the Conversion Code I was to put on the checkout page. Cutting through all of the extra info here is my question:

I have version 1.3.9h installed now. I also have something called Google Analytics Configuration installed on my configuration.

I am getting stats for my Adwords account but I am not getting any conversion data from the page where I put it (thinking that this is the proper "check out page") (...includes/templates/magic/common/tpl_main_page.php).

So, I want to know:

1)Should I some how take off "Google Analytics Configuration" (which I THINK was an add on from long ago) and then put on Simple Google Analytics?

2)I think I should remove the extra analytics code from the ...includes/templates/magic/common/tpl_main_page.php page, right?

3) I wonder if I take off the Google Analytics Configuration from my cart, will it leave behind the code it put on all the pages of my site and will I have to take that off manually? How would I do that?

What I ultimately want is to have the analytics info and the conversion info.

I suspect that the "Google Analytics Configuation" is not allowing proper data collecting. Thank you for any guidance on this.
    The Zen of cat.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fabienne View Post
    I read through this thread with great interest. I just got Google Adwords and the Conversion Code I was to put on the checkout page. Cutting through all of the extra info here is my question:

I have version 1.3.9h installed now. I also have something called Google Analytics Configuration installed on my configuration.

I am getting stats for my Adwords account but I am not getting any conversion data from the page where I put it (thinking that this is the proper "check out page") (...includes/templates/magic/common/tpl_main_page.php).

So, I want to know:

1)Should I some how take off "Google Analytics Configuration" (which I THINK was an add on from long ago) and then put on Simple Google Analytics?

2)I think I should remove the extra analytics code from the ...includes/templates/magic/common/tpl_main_page.php page, right?

3) I wonder if I take off the Google Analytics Configuration from my cart, will it leave behind the code it put on all the pages of my site and will I have to take that off manually? How would I do that?

What I ultimately want is to have the analytics info and the conversion info.

I suspect that the "Google Analytics Configuation" is not allowing proper data collecting. Thank you for any guidance on this.
    Good questions. Here is what you want to do.

1) Never 'manually install' any Google Analytics tracking into Zen Cart. Why? It can be done, but to do it right, with all the right tracking (including dynamic data insertion) variables on the right pages, etc... it usually ends up resulting in missing info.

2) If you have manually installed any tracking that Google provided to you then remove it all. (we'll get tracking back for you in a minute here.)

3) If you had previously installed the Google Analytics by Andrew version (a zen cart add-on) then completely uninstall it and remove all traces / changes to files it told you to do (there are a number of native problems with that module which cause tracking not to work accurately.)

4) Download and install my most recent version of Simple Google Analytics ( http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=412 ). This is where the 'Google Analytics Configuration' menu comes in in your zen cart admin.

5) After installed, go to the configuration options in your Zen Cart admin for Google Analytics and insert your Tracking ID (Google provided) into the space provided. Choose the type of tracking you want to use (options are legacy / urchin, ga.js, or asynchronous)

6) IF (and only IF) you are running Google Adwords and want to also track conversion from those PPC campaigns, then activate the "conversion Tracking" (select the proper radio button from the configuration menu), insert your Google AdWords provided (NOT ANALYTICS) tracking number (different than the "UA- number) into the space provided and click save.

You're all set now to start tracking anything you want with zen.

Here is what you can track (and it is very accurate with my mod):

1) Ecommerce transactions
    2) Goals / Funnels
    3) Standard Google Analytics informtion
    4) Adwords Conversion Tracking
    5) any other custom variables you want to include in your tracking code (by using the 'custom tracking' section of my mod.)

Having said that, if you are not receiving proper tracking within Google Analytics then one of the following is incorrect and needs to be adjusted:

a) No 'Ecommerce Transaction' data. (make sure you tell Google you are an 'ecommerce site' and want to track those items. If you don't do this you won't get the info picked up.)

b) make sure you have the proper tracking codes inserted in the right locations within the configuration menu. You get your tracking ids (NOT the entire code ... just the tracking ids) by requesting the tracking snippet from Google and then pulling out only the tracking id numbers.

Simple Google Analytics is the original tracking mod made for Zen Cart. A few others came along which confused people and to make matters worse, those other options had some flaws apparently.

If you go with Simple Google Analytics and follow the easy install read me you should find everything working to your liking.

The Support forum for that module is found at (so post any followups to that mod in there.)

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53701

I hope that helps!

Let me know if you need anything else.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Does this mod track order total for a ppc campaign?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thomaswhiteeagle View Post
    Does this mod track order total for a ppc campaign?
    Anyone know if this mod tracks revenue?

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I cannot where i find the 'Google AdWords Conversion Tracking Number' so i cannot properly configure the module. I have followed the instructions here http://www.zencartoptimization.com/2...sion-tracking/, HOW TO INSTALL CONVERSION TRACKING, but, i think they are dated and cant seem to achieve following these instructions.

can you advise where i might find the Google AdWords Conversion Tracking Number?

Plugin Contributions

think i've sorted it, went into conversion tracking as if getting code, looked at code snippet, was in there, i'm not using code snippet though as using your module to insert

Plugin Contributions

ZC 1.39
    Trying to install this and have a question about Step#3 of the instructions:
    At the bottom of /includes/templates/[your_template]/common/tpl_main_page.php
    Copy and paste the following lines of code (found below) just before the </body> tag:

<?php
    if (GOOGLE_ANALYTICS_TRACKING_TYPE == "Asynchronous") {
    // Do nothing
    } else {
    require(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE . 'google_analytics/google_analytics.php');
    }
    ?>
    I do not have this file.
    Do simply copy it from public_html/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php and then add the stated text?

Plugin Contributions

d'Oh!
    Basic templates overrides stuff.

I actually figured it out all by my lonesome!

Plugin Contributions

I still cannot figure it out.
    Thanks in advance.
    khoa van tay- khóa vân tay

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    This all seems relatively straight forward but of course it's not working!

I have setup conversion tracking it my adwords and generated my code. I've logged in to my zen cart account /google analytics configuration/ and activated and added the code in Google AdWords Conversion Tracking Number.

I've had a couple of sales via PPC but in my adwords account its still showing my tracking status as unverified which I thinks means its not connecting.

Any ideas on how I find out what the issue may be.

Thanks in advance

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234