Plugin Contributions

red flag Why all buttons not displaying on pages?

Anyone can help me to tell why and what to do? If all buttons such as “tell a friend, write review, add to cart, continue shopping, delete, check out, edit update, cancel and choose your language” are not displaying on all pages even thought I installed complete zencart latest version 1.3.6 and I can see that those all buttons are in their folders in zencart installation and I did followed the file docs/1.readme_installation.html step by step below.

CREATING THE CONFIGURE.PHP FILES

On the server locate the file: [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/includes/[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]dist-configure.php[/FONT]
    Rename this file to [FONT=Courier New]configure.php [/FONT]and change the permissions to 777 [FONT=Verdana](read-write-execute for all)[/FONT]

Next, on the server locate the file: [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/admin/[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]includes/dist-configure.php[/FONT]
    Rename this file to [FONT=Courier New]configure.php [/FONT]and change the permissions to 777 [FONT=Verdana](read-write-execute for all)[/FONT]

SET PERMISSIONS ON FOLDERS

Now, change the permissions on the following directories to 777 (read/write/execute).

[FONT=Courier New]/catalog/cache[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/images[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/includes/languages/english/html_includes[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/media[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/pub[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/admin/backups [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/admin/images/graphs[/FONT]

Note: open the catalog/images directory and change [FONT=Verdana]all [/FONT]of the subdirectories and their subdirectories to 777 as well. For example (this is a partial list):

[FONT=Courier New]/catalog/images/attributes[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/images/dvd[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/images/large[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/images/large/dvd[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/images/medium [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/images/upload[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]AFTER INSALLATION [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]When you enter the Catalog, you will receive security warnings about the [FONT=Verdana]configure.php[/FONT] files and the[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] /zc_install [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]directory.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]configure.php files[/FONT]
    You will now want to change the permissions on the [FONT=Verdana]configure.php[/FONT] files with [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]chmod 644 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana](or 444 depending on your server...and sometimes setting 444 cannot be done via FTP, in which case use your host's control panel or file manager to set the permissions level.)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]These are located in:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/includes/configure.php[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]zc_install directory[/FONT]
    Next, you will want to delete or rename the[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] /catalog/zc_install [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]directory to something like:[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] /catalog/zc_install_complete [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]NOTE: use a [FONT=Verdana]different name[/FONT] than [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]zc_install_complete [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]as some hacker may try using it, having read this help file. [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Why all buttons not displaying on pages?

Quote Originally Posted by asif malik View Post
    Anyone can help me to tell why and what to do? If all buttons such as “tell a friend, write review, add to cart, continue shopping, delete, check out, edit update, cancel and choose your language” are not displaying on all pages even thought I installed complete zencart latest version 1.3.6 and I can see that those all buttons are in their folders in zencart installation and I did followed the file docs/1.readme_installation.html step by step below.
    Site address please?
    the Imagination Factory & DaVinci Wood Models
    www.what-if.com & www.davincistore.com
    Apache2.x (FreeBSD/Linux) PHP 5.x mySQL 5.x

Plugin Contributions

[quote=docfx;295551]Site address please?[/quotwe]

www.kelkew.co.uk

regards
    asif

Plugin Contributions

Something got bunged up.

http://www.kelkew.co.uk/includes/tem...utton_prev.gif
    That is where an image should be but gives an error msg. instead. Perhaps your images are not uploaded correctly? Also, your theme is not working correctly because of the way things are currently setup. Not sure if you are using the default install or a Template override.

Plugin Contributions

then what you suggest me should I go to reinstall zencart complate again?

Plugin Contributions

Okay what about if delete all installation from my server and then reinstall it again but please tell me what should I to do to make sure that after reinstallation all buttons will be dispalyed completely?

Regards
    asif

Plugin Contributions

Don't see the need for a complete reinstall. Although it might seem easier, if you can figure out what the problem is now, it will save you time and give you some troubleshooting experience.

For example, have you confirmed you uploaded the required images and correctly; in Binary format not ASCII?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    Don't see the need for a complete reinstall. Although it might seem easier, if you can figure out what the problem is now, it will save you time and give you some troubleshooting experience.

For example, have you confirmed you uploaded the required images and correctly; in Binary format not ASCII?
    I don’t understand what you mean by "Binary format not ASCII" and I simply drag and drop all files and folder of zencart to my server by using ftp serfer then I always install zencart.

I don’t know why the buttons are not displayed even all of those image buttons are already in their own images' folder.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Why all buttons not displaying on pages?

Again i have reinstalled zencart version 1.3.6 but it still buttons are not displaying on the pages.

I have rechecked that all button's images are placed properly in thier folders includes/templates/template_default/buttons/english.

when i check to see does any of buttons image dispay or not
    http://www.kelkew.co.uk/includes/templates/template_default/buttons/english/button_TellAFriend.gif

then i get an error on page below.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

And when i place only same button's folder with its all images http://www.kelkew.co.uk/images/buttons/english/button_TellAFriend.gif

then all buttons' images can be display on the page.

I think there is something wrong with all folders incuding includes,tamplates and template_default.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Is there any "Genius Expert", who can help to me to fix this problem asp..[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Kind,Regards[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]ASIF[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Images for the templates belong here and appear to be working:
    When you make your templates and overrides directories, the buttons would be in;
    http://www.kelkew.co.uk/includes/tem...uttons/english

They do not belong in the /images directory with the images for your Products ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!