Plugin Contributions

Default Test Server to Real Server

I'm having trouble moving a site from my desktop computer / server (Mac OSX / Apache) to my realworld site server. When I try to go to the store, I get a redirect to zc_install/index.php. When I try to go to the admin page I get a warning that store/includes/autoload_func.php faied to open (it is there on the server).

I'm a Zen Newbie with a fair bit of HTML experience and quite limited PHP/MySQL experience. I'm playing/learning at this point. I didn't want to constantly work on my existing live site, so I installed Zen Cart on my desktop. I'm still far from finished, but wanted to see "if" I could move it to my realworld server. I failed!

I have a user account on the desktop with the same name and password as my realworld server. My realworld server does have PHP and MySQL and offers Zen cart as a free option (so I know it is compatable). I move the main site folder into my main HTML folder (with Fetch) and changed the appropriate permissions. I exported the databse on my desktop server as an SQL file and imported it to my real work server.

I "assume" my problem (or one of my problems) is that the desktop system and the real world server use a different path name to the database. I "think" my desktop is simply localhost and I "think" my realworld server is internal-db.sXXXX.gridserver.com. If it sounds like I've guessed correctly, I would love some help changing the correct files (assume I know very little, step by step instruction are very welcome!).

If the more experience folks out there think I'm REALLY doing this the wrong way..... I'm more than willing to listen.

Thanks,
    Tom

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Test Server to Real Server

Is this perhaps my answer:

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100

I won't have time to try it today, but would really appreciate and advice.

Thanks,
    Tom

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Test Server to Real Server

I suspect that if I knew PHP a bit better this would have been faster / easier! But, the instructions above did work perfectly :-)