Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Allow customer to change price / customize order / price match?

Hey,

I was wondering how do I allow the customer to change their order before they place it?

e.g. we sell a product for $500, customer calls me and gets me to price match it to $450, can I add something to the checkout process such as "custom order" where the customer can then change the price from $500 to $450 and put a note "price match, spoke on phone" etc?

At the moment every time I offer a customer a custom deal such as a package deal, price match or some sort of discount I go and make them a coupon and give them the code. But I really want something simpler - surely I can just have a "custom order" option where the custom can enter the price and then proceed to paypal to pay that amount with credit card?

I could put the paypal button somewhere on a page I suppose and then the customer could pay me a specified amount but that wouldnt go through zen checkout and generate an invoice and proper order which is what I want?

Pls help, making all these different coupons is getting tedious as I speak to many customers on the phone and I want them to be able to get a price match and enter their order easily.

regards,
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Allow customer to change price / customize order / price match?

One possibility: allow them to pay by credit card wi/your own payment processing (i.e. not PayPal). The charge doesn't actually go through until you finalize it, which you can do at the lower price.

Good luck,
    Scott
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Scott,

Yes at the moment that is what I often do when people pay via Bank Transfer, I just manually change the order amount and they transfer the smaller amount, but with PayPal the automatically have to pay whatever amount is given on my site?

I only have PayPal atm for credit cards but am talking to the banks and considering my options, since I am in Australia it seems to be harder to get a good merchant account with global currency processing than it is in say the US and UK

regards,
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Allow customer to change price / customize order / price match?

Hey everyone,

I really need some easy way to change the price if a customer calls up for a pricematch or a discount or a custom order??

at the moment I just have to do a coupon code for them every time, can I just have something where they can click 'custom order' and amend the total amount?

This is mostly for credit card / paypal orders that are processed by paypal

regards,
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by apemusic View Post
    at the moment I just have to do a coupon code for them every time, can I just have something where they can click 'custom order' and amend the total amount?
    This is probably the most efficient way, as you can then use your coupon reports to give you stats on the amount of lost-revenue associated with price matches.
    It also means you can make your price-adjustments unique to each customer's situation.

This is also the only built-in feature that you can use to allow the customer to claim their price-adjustment immediately.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm.... what about price match via store credit? :) That way the lost revenue is only theoretical until they spend it.

Good luck,
    Scott
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I have something similar to this. We want to allow our clients to make their invoiced payments online through the zen. Is there a way to create a product where the customer inputs the price?
    Thanks Zenners!
    Beo

Plugin Contributions

Create a $1.00 product ... then the customer can enter the amount in the quantity box ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Linda, As usual you are awesome!
    Beo

Plugin Contributions

Well, fooey! I checked with my bookkeeping department and they actual do bill sometimes with cents - so the 1.00 won't work. Crikey!
    If anyone else has any ideas, please slip me a message.
    TA!
    Beo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast