Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove brackets from shipping text

Ajeh - have just got round to making these changes. Thank you so much - it all works perfectly. I'd never have worked out all that by myself.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this was able to adjust your shipping display to your liking ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh,
    I appreciate this is a very old thread but I'm trying to remove these same brackets and can't seem to get them all following these instructions. I notice that you say that it will be made easier in v1.4 so i guess that these instructions have changed by now - Can you please let me know where i would need to change the current files - i am using v1.3.8a.

i have managed to remove the brackets from the shipping estimator but can't find the lines in the other files to remove them from the payment page, and invoice etc

Many thanks
    ben

Plugin Contributions

Did you try the changes to the shipping.php class that are posted?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh - does the PHP code you cite represent what the code should look like before the edits or after? If before, could you please indicate which parens to remove? Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

The code posted shows the code with the parens ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thank you SO much Ajeh. After hours of searching your post on the previous page helped me remove those silly brackets.

I made mine just read the "description" set, instead of the Title and description [the titles weren't used anywhere]

changed to this.

$quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'])

thanks!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh,
    I know it's an old thread but my problem is still relevant and can't find a way to do it.
    I did as you suggest on my new install on 1.5.7c with php 7.4.21 using responsive_classic and one page checkout with only flat rate shipping enabled.
    I hope you can help, I've been trying for two days and no luck yet.
    *Zen Cart eCommerce Solution - Putting the Dream of Owning an Online Business within reach of anyone!

Plugin Contributions

All the files I changed, they didn't give me any issues, one page checkout worked fine, but when I change the shipping.php file in classes it seems to stop the checkout page from working correctly?!
    *Zen Cart eCommerce Solution - Putting the Dream of Owning an Online Business within reach of anyone!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rlexyd View Post
    All the files I changed, they didn't give me any issues, one page checkout worked fine, but when I change the shipping.php file in classes it seems to stop the checkout page from working correctly?!
    While I doubt that the presence of the parentheses is required by the alternate checkout method software, looking into a few things should help identify the issue. More than likely there is a debug log in the logs folder that was generated about the same time as that checkout attempt. In it should be some information to help identify what needs to be addressed. Something else to try is to return to the standard method of checkout just for a few tests to validate that the alternate checkout method is not a factor in the issue. Again, keep an eye out for a new log to be generated while stepping through the checkout process.

Please note that if the log's filename includes: -adm- then this file is generated as part of using the admin interface and the file path of the issue(s) will include the admin foldername. That name should be sanitizied before posting the content between [CODE][/CODE] tags. Those tags can be easily created during posting by clicking the # button in the response window's toolbox.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast