Thread: hideCategories

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default hideCategories

Designed specifically for our store, I thought it might be of use to others so I released it as a contrib. However, I'm not sure how useful it will be.

In our case, we often have to put together custom packages for customers... basically, that means we make a 'product' just for them and send them a link. Unfortunately, that means that custom product is visible to the public. This contrib addresses that.

You can declare specific folders to be 'hidden'. There are two levels of hidden:

1) Hidden from menus: This setting only hides the folder from the main categories sidebox and the main index categories listing. It will still show up elsewhere, including searches. We don't use this - I just conceived it might be useful so I added it. I guess if you have an "others" category but you don't want to show it on the menu for asthetic reasons.

2) Fully hidden: This setting hides it from the two places above, but also from the "all products", "new products", "featured products" links as well as the search function and the bestsellers sidebox. *NOTE* That is all! There may be other places that it shows up that we don't use!!!

In either case, you can still directly link to the product and it can still go through checkout as normal.

Enjoy if its any use to you!

Here's a link to the download: link

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: hideCategories

Great contribution..thanks..does it only work with ZenCart 1.36*
    i.e. been tested on 1.2*/1.3*?

Plugin Contributions

Not tested on anything before 1.36, but I think you can be pretty sure it WONT work on 1.2x versions. Probably works on 1.3x, but untested.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for prompt response,s_mack.. for members using 1.2*/1.3* and
    don't wish to use/try this contribution.. thread at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=hide+category will come in handy

Plugin Contributions

Not really for 1.3x... when you read through that "solution", you should find this contrib to be a lot more useful and easier to implement.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

I am having problem on the 1.36 ZC.

I got following when I click "New Product",
    ===
    1146 Table 'jun9505_jlcxxxxxx.products_description' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select count(*) as total FROM jun9505_products p LEFT JOIN jun9505_manufacturers m ON (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id) LEFT JOIN jun9505_hide_categories h ON (p.master_categories_id = h.categories_id), products_description pd WHERE (h.visibility_status < 2 OR h.visibility_status IS NULL) AND p.products_status = 1 AND p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = 1 ]
    ===

Note, jlcxxxxxx is the database name, jun9505 is the prefix.
    If everything is right, It should looking for Table 'jun9505_products_description'. Any idea on why this happen?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

When you put in the included SQL, how did you do it? I've seen this problem come up and this question asked on just about every contrib support forum out there :) I don't know how table prefixes work because mine don't use them (I don't understand why anyone's do)... but the answer always seems to be "input the SQL into phpmyadmin, NOT the SQL tool in your Zen admin!"

Good luck. I'm pretty sure its not a problem with this contrib though.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

<added after post - I just realized that Image Handler also uses that same file. I just need to figure out, which of the 2 authors is calling the stock portion</added>

I tried this mod in v1.37 and am getting a strange error message.

When in Admin in the Products/Categories section, I'm getting an error by the icons (i.e. X C M A) etc.

It's looking for an icon: 'icon_stock_manager.gif' which leads to a page: stock_manager.php. The calls are being made inside the admin/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php file.

When I used the developers tool to search for it, this is where it found it in the category_product_listing.php file:

Code:
    Line #341 : <?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_STOCK_MANAGER, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&product_type=' . $products->fields['products_type'] . '&pID=' . $products->fields['products_id'] .'&action=stock_manager' ) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_stock_manager.gif', ICON_STOCK_MANAGER) . '</a>'; ?>
    Do I just remove that line from the file, or do Ihave to install a second mod to use the first?

thank you,

betty
    Last edited by bettysue; 1 Jan 2007 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Noticed an error

Plugin Contributions

wow.. suprised this never came up before :)

stockManager is another mod I've done... not released to the public though, so its just remnants of that in the code. Remove it and it should be good.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
    wow.. suprised this never came up before :)

stockManager is another mod I've done... not released to the public though, so its just remnants of that in the code. Remove it and it should be good.

- Steven
    Hi Steven,

Leave it to me to find anything that can go wrong

I removed the line as you suggested and all is well. So from all appearances the mod is also v1.37 compatible.

thank you,

betty

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast