Hi All,

Got a couple quick Q's that I hope you can help with. Just installed my new cart, hooked up SSL, and feeling all "zenny" :) Logged into it and wow, lots of stuff in here to learn and set up. Very cool!

Question 1

I made the choice of adding "sample data" to the store during installation. Probably shouldn't have. Now that I'm ready to add my products, etc. ... how do I get rid of ALL that sample data??
- How can I clear/delete/flush/remove it ALL ?
- Is there a function/button/feature "somewhere" that I can simply "Click" and have it all just quietly go away??, or
- Do I have to do a complete reinstall? Delete d/base and ZenCart files and start over?

Questions 2
Somewhere in the installation process it mentioned something about turning the "Global Registers" off for more security. I did that, refreshed, and then the PHP session.use_trans_sid message came up saying that Session ID's were turned "On" and so ... I followed the advice, created an .htaccess file and put code in there to turn it off:

php_value session.use_trans_sid off
php_value register_globals off
#php_value register_globals off
<Files ".ht*">
deny from all
</Files>
Now that the cart is installed, I see that I'm getting Session ID's in the URL of pages when a client goes to Login. Good thing or bad thing? Still not totally clear on that.

Also, the popup info for that topic/feature said:
The session.use_trans_sid setting in your server's PHP.INI file is set to ON.
This could potentially cause you some problems with session handling and possibly even security concerns.
You can work around this by setting an .htaccess parameter such as described here:
<http://www.olate.com/articles/252>, or you could disable it in your PHP.INI if you have access to it.
For more information on the security risks it imposes, see:
http://shh.thathost.com/secadv/2003-05-11-php.txt.
(You may have to create the .htaccess file if you don't already have one.)

I guess my questions re/ this are:
- Is it Okay to have this "On" or not?
- And if not, how do I turn it off if I've already got it set at "off" in the .htaccess file
- And if I have to set it to off with the PHP.INI file ... where do I find that file?
- And if it's set to off, does this just refer to the "transparency" of Session ID's?
- Does the application still use Session ID's ... and they're just not reflected in the URL?
Look forward to your replies and looking forward to getting my new store up and running so I can get to the creative stage and start marketing to clients.